SmackDown Does Its Go-Home Show Duties for Summer Slam...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Well, it’s Summer Slam’s Eve and there’s not too much going on that I care to talk about but there are few things happening. Let’s talk about some of them. Okay, here we go…

 

So, what a lot of us know is that Seth Rollins isn’t technically slated for Summer Slam but there’s speculation that he’ll show up somewhere. Word is that Riddle has been “sidelined due to injury” but there’s also talk that this is a “creative decision”. Well, you know I don’t care much for Riddle and I would say that this “recasting” so to speak may be more preemptive strike. The general populous doesn’t know about his sexual misconduct allegations and given how Mr. Vince McMahon decided to step down in light of his past, Riddle may be handled with kid gloves going forward.

 

As I’ve suggested in past posts, I think the only way to get around that is redemption. The main problem I have with Riddle is that the matter was handled like something made to go away. There was no real facing it. It was more like, “Shit happened. I fucked up. I’m sorry. Let’s move on…” There was no penance. I think he’s gotta do some sort of community service. Either working on women’s rights organizations, supporting causes that promote sexual health education and the nuances of consent. Stuff like that. He may have to support these causes from here on out just to prove he’s a “changed man”. I have nothing against second chances. I know a person can change but did he, though? That’s my sticking point. I don’t think he did. If he can prove he’s a better person now or at the very least, working on being one, I could reconsider.

 

I feel I should say something about Ric Flair’s Last Match. I caught Jay Lethal’s promo, which is circulating on social media, and they’re trying to hype it up. I give them that. I still find it a bit appalling given Flair’s age and general health but hey, these are all grown men. If they want to land an old man in traction, so be it. He’s signing up for it. I know the more physically able participants will be doing the bulk of the work. Wouldn’t be surprised if it turns into a Handicap Match at some point with Andrade doing all the real “heavy lifting” but that’s kinda my point. I don’t want to dust anyone off from the retirement home for 1 last ride. I’d rather it be someone else with Flair on commentary. He could get briefly pulled into the action. Maybe take a small bump but nothing serious. Besides, that’s when the experience can shine. He could play it up like he was murdered 😉

 

Back to WWE news, the general consensus is that Triple H taking over WWE Creative is some sort of godsend. He vows to make it better than ever. Thankfully for him, that shouldn’t be too hard. Yet, we will have to see. As I’ve said, WWE has yet to tap into its true potential. The possibilities were discovered with the Attitude Era but we all know that stagnation is nothing to aim for. It has to evolve somehow and how it evolves can vary depending on the Vision. Will Triple H’s satisfy us? Most prefer what he did with NXT and many feel he will probably reinstate his old model in time. Only time will tell if the masses will agree.

 

In the meantime, we have SmackDown’s offer for the Summer Slam Go Home Show. It leads off with Sheamus and Drew McIntyre having their “Donnybrook”. That leads me to think that some surprises linger for the end. The Maximum Male Models are a little behind but they’ll debut their summer collection. And the New Day will have at those meaner Viking Raiders. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. Don’t feel the need to be too kind. Though there’s been a hierarchical change up, that doesn’t mean they have all the answers. Stay vocal. This time around, we may just get heard.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments