RAW Starts the Finishing Touches for Summer Slam...

A Good Monday to You, Enthusiasts!

 

So, there are some things going on in the wrestling world, but I will only comment on a few of them. Though things are going on, much of it doesn’t really interest me but there’s some stuff that does. Let’s get into it, shall we.

 

The first bit of business is that Ric Flair has finalized his “last match”. I’m not sure if anyone else will be on this card but the main event will be Flair paired with Andrade against the well-known Jay Lethal of Ring of Honor fame and Jeff Jarrett who evens out the geriatrics. I have no desire to see this match, but I may catch whatever glimpses make it to social media. The whole thing just comes off as desperate. I don’t mind if a guy keeps themselves in shape and is ready to go at 607 years old but I have no desire to see a decrepit Ric Flair hobble around for money. I’m sorry he may be in a position where he has to do it but I’d rather he just enjoy retirement. I don’t want anyone endangering their health for other’s entertainment. That’s just me.

 

In lighter news, John Cena is married again to Shay Shariatzadeh. This seems like a solid relationship which is hard for people in the limelight to achieve so, I’m very happy for the couple. All the best to them. We all know that he didn’t fare so well with Nikki Bella and to be honest, that wasn’t at all unexpected. The Bella Twins appeared to have agendas when they were with WWE. I don’t think it was a coincidence that they landed with the top 2 Babyfaces of the company at the time. Thankfully, Brie’s and Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson’s relationship seems genuine. I kinda don’t blame Cena for being hardcore on the prenup. However, the same statement could have been made with a fraction of the paperwork 😉

 

The only other bit of info going around that is mildly amusing to me is word that Bayley is scheduled to be in Nashville for Summer Slam. Her return would be great there but I have a sneaking suspicion that MJF may make his WWE debut as well. He may be a few years early, but he’s got The Miz and Theory to work with to start so I don’t think it’s too farfetched. His pompous persona would work well in the WWE Universe and with Cody Rhodes recovering, there’s a future feud waiting in the wings as well. For once, what to do with the talent is relatively clear. I’m not sure what the response to him will be but I’m kinda looking forward to it if it is waiting for us.

 

And so, that basically brings us to tonight’s RAW. We can expect to see Logan Paul tonight. There are rumors going around that Paul actually seeks some Face redemption through WWE and I, for his sake, hope that’s not the case. WWE is a heel company so, for Paul thinking they’ll turn him Face is a disappointment waiting to happen. They can’t change his general reputation. Paul would have to do that himself. AEW is the place to go to have a true shot of public redemption but due to his rep., I doubt they would have him. So, there it is right there. Thinking WWE can wave a wand and change that is a bit deluded, but he may have to see that for himself and/or look to performing acts of community service. Outside of that, we have Carmella and Bianca Belair set to face each other again and whatever other madness to set our sights on Summer Slam. Go Home Shows are next week so we should get some taste of what awaits us. Remember, the revolution is in progress so speak up when it sucks and don’t hold back when it doesn’t. Fixing this is going to be a group effort.

 


See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments