When's Clash at the Castle? RAW Will Remind Us...

A Good Monday to You, Enthusiasts!

 

How’s every little thing? Well, there isn’t that much to talk about but there are some things. Enough to have a steady conversation at least so, let’s get into it.

 

So, let’s start off with some non-WWE but related stuff. There’s a lot of talk about Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose on the Social Media, Twitter to be specific, and the question that’s coming up is why have a lot of fans have decided that they prefer Ambrose over Mox. Some feel it’s because of a bias in favor of WWE but I think it’s more the content. I’ve said that Mox is masochistic. I feel that AEW encourages Mox’s lesser inclinations especially when it comes to the blood and Hardcore stuff.

 

I don’t like what it implies. I like the action but I don’t need people hurting themselves for my pleasure. I am not sadistic. I just like a rip-roaring good time. Sometimes that means getting rowdy and a little nuts but it shouldn’t be anything a band-aid and/or a cold compress couldn’t fix. Sadism isn’t something the wrestling industry should be directly catering to. It attracts the wrong element and wrestling, in general, already has enough bad press. Conversely, it encourages masochism in types like Mox and again, I don’t need anyone getting hurt for my pleasure. I don’t mind him going crazy, that’s always fun but he doesn’t need to use bloodshed. I don’t mind him chugging a beer after but the blood is not necessary. It’s also unsanitary so, I’m in favor of Ambrose primarily for hygienic reasons 😉

 

To tie topics together, there’s also talk about Mox’s former Shield Brother, Roman Reigns. There’s speculation that Triple H may not be so keen on a Reigns/Rock match at what…WrestleMania 40? Now, I wouldn’t mind this if H comes up with a respectable alternative. Say what you want about Reigns but he serves the purpose of Top Heel, naturally for all superficial reasons. It’s because of that, his best opponent would probably be an honest Face but who is that? Most are saying Drew McIntyre is the best current option but to me, he doesn’t make a great Face. He’s kind of an anti-hero. I see him squashing noise, but I don’t seem him being nice about it. In my opinion, a Daniel Bryan would be the best one to face Reigns if it wasn’t The Rock. You need that character with a lot of heart, chutzpah and charm. The roster just doesn’t have that in a complete package at present.

 

I would say maybe a Richochet if he was properly built-up push-wise. Same with a Dolph Ziggler. They have the chops, but the public doesn’t seem to fully buy them. AJ Styles is sort of in the same boat mainly due to his stiltedness on the mic. The audience doesn’t want to get behind these guys. So, I guess McIntyre suffices but WWE really just needs to wait until someone can fill the position.

 

You don’t need me to tell you that wrestling hinges upon a certain amount of authenticity. The big problem with Reigns at the beginning was that he was forced upon us. The audience does not like to be told who to like. We decide who we like. We will inform them (a wrestling promotion); they shall not inform us. And the only thing that gets accolades is a good performance. Reigns caught up but people are now bored so he has to work on his next “form” to show us. It’s developing as the Tribal Chief but we can see that’s in progress. So, who ever “dethrones” him will have to do it in earnest. McIntyre would love to kick his ass, I can see that but how long would it take for us to get tired of him? Remember, the Mob is fickle. Besides, they’d probably just have a rematch in a month anyway.

 

In any case, that brings us to tonight’s RAW. Slated for tonight are a few things. Riddle is going to call out Seth Rollins. The Women’s Tag Team Championship tourney continues with Asuka & Alexa Bliss challenging Nikki Cross and Doudrop/Piper Niven. And AJ Styles will see if he can take the US Title off of Bobby Lashley. You’ll have to tune in for everything else. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. We’re in No Man’s Land for the rest of the month. Get comfortable and try to have some fun.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments