SmackDown Will Try Some Old Members on for Size...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

 

How are you doing this evening? Well, it’s not the most exciting Friday night but it’s another one nonetheless. There isn’t too much of interest going on in the wrestling world but I got a few things I can talk about.

 

To start, it’s no surprise that Ric Flair is contemplating another “Last Match” after the “success” of his recent one. I caught some glimpses of it and I couldn’t sit through a full match. I just don’t need an old man doing that sort of thing for anyone’s entertainment. Go sit down. Relax. That’s fine enough for me. He’s done enough. Charlotte Flair should start thinking of healthier alternatives to keep him busy. And I really don’t get the point of the blood. He’s 510 years old. Anything he does out there is overkill. I don’t know if he’d be any good at commentary but I would rather him do anything else but get back into the ring to compete.

 

In WWE news, there’s been a lot of speculation about Austin Theory. Word is there was a death in the family so he had to take some time off. However, he was back in action this week to pick up where he left off. Some feel that with Triple H in charge, he may lose some of his clout since he’s no longer Mr. McMahon’s favorite. Well, he’s doing a good job so, I don’t think he’ll suffer any. He may get less airtime so more people get a chance but I’m sure he’s fine. H can respect good work. Theory just has to contemplate what’s next. He’s got some time but he can’t be the young punk forever.

 

There’s also a lot of talk going around about other returns. It appears that Hit Row makes their return tonight. I wasn’t impressed with their debut, but I don’t mind giving them a chance. We’ll see if they can win us over. Naturally, many think Bray Wyatt will be back soon too. We had Karrion Kross and Scarlett Bordeaux return on RAW and again, I don’t see the point if they can’t manage his NXT entrance. Now, there may be the argument that he’s all gimmick, but I don’t know if that matters. Does he entertain? Or is he even a good wrestler? H is saying the focus will be more on the second “W” in WWE so, we’ll see if Kross makes an impression second time around. I don’t know how fans will generally take to the whole “Hourglass” thing but it’s something. Even though Triple H is in charge the fans are still the fans and I’m not sure they’re going to change any time soon, but I respect H trying to inform the audience more. The genre could be classed up. That’s kinda what I’m pushing for but a lot of people like it for all its less marketable aspects. H will probably have to be patient if he wants people to accept the new and improved era.

 

In any case, that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. We have more Tag Team Tournament action for the ladies. Liv Morgan and Ronda Rousey will have their contract signing and Gunther and Shinsuke Nakamura will box for the Intercontinental Title. You’ll have to tune in for all the other bits and pieces. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. It’s No-Man’s Land until September so try to enjoy yourself.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments