RAW Carries On! - It's No-Man's Land Until September...

How Goes It, Enthusiasts?

 

Well, I hope. So, there’s not a whole lot going on that caught my interest, but I have some things to chat about so let me not waste any time.

 

The big news right now is that John Laurinaitis has been dismissed though, I have not seen a formal release statement. Word is it was kept quiet due to the unsavory nature of the termination, seeing how he too was involved with hush money payouts and the like. As is customary in these sorts of dealings, someone has to take the fall so the company can appear repentant and respectable. Mr. Vince McMahon showed himself the door and Laurinaitis was ushered out the back it would seem.

 

I missed the bulk of Laurinaitis’ career so, he won’t exactly be missed by me, but this is how this sort of thing goes. From what I heard, he’s a bit of relic because he represented traditional jock sensibility which isn’t exactly embraced in this day and age. He likes the chicks hot and the dudes big, cool and muscular so, all those who didn’t fit got sent to the back. I get the feeling he won’t exactly be missed in general.

 

As for last week’s SmackDown, it wasn’t bad. It would appear that Triple H is trying to inform the masses on proper wrestling entertainment but I’m not sure how interested they are. If Southern States are any indication, they prefer an old school approach. Though the offerings for the women and mid-card were decent, the audience didn’t really care. As I stated last post, that may have to be factored for when it comes to scripting the show.

 

Tonight, however, we’re in Cleveland, OH which could be considered a college town and holds the Rock n’Roll Hall of Fame so, the audience should, more or less, be more open to progress. Scheduled for this evening, we have a US Title match between Ciampa and Bobby Lashley. Rey Mysterio will try to take a bite out of Finn Bálor while Edge lurks backstage somewhere. And as for the rest, we’ll have to show up and watch if we want to find out what happens. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. I don’t know if I’ll be able to shit-talk much anymore, but I can always give my 2¢. You’re always welcome to join me.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments