SmackDown Tries to Conjure of Some Drama of Its Own...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

 

How is everything? Well, there are quite a few rumors circulating. I’m not going to talk about all of them, but I think we have enough to have a decent conversation. Let’s get to it, shall we.

 

So, AEW is racking up drama points as there is a lot of talk of backstage tensions amongst the top stars. I don’t know enough to get into all that, but I did check out the Jon Moxley and CM Punk confrontation that went down on this week’s Dynamite. The main takeaways I got from it is that Mox has to prepare when it comes to showdowns with Punk. It’s clear that Punk knows how to handle the mic. Mox is no slouch, but Punk definitely knows what he’s going to say. None of that was on the fly. He may not fully script it out, but he definitely hits his bullet points. Mox was on the fly and it showed. That works in some instances but the mic is one of Punk’s strengths and that was on full display this week.

 

I also felt that the display could support my theory that CM Punk was and continues to be a WWE “plant”. I wouldn’t be surprised if AEW and WWE are in cahoots. I’m all for invasions in the future but the way he spat his opening promo, subtly shouting out to all sorts of past and present WWE greats, I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes his way back over in the near future. I don’t know what his rapport is with Triple H but given Punk’s reputation, I get the feeling it wouldn’t matter. The inherent potential tension and drama supersedes them being pals. There’s also talk that Punk’s feathers are starting to bristle over something again and is threatening quitting. I think that’s just work talk but we know he would do it. All this could build to delicious cross-traffic between promotions someday, but we’ll see what shakes out. I know I’m a little early for what I’d really like to see.

 

In other AEW business, there’s talk of MJF’s return as well. I’m a little disappointed this time wasn’t used for him to jump ship but I guess there’s no breaking the contract. He’s young enough to wait 2 years 😉 We’ll see how AEW uses him in the meantime.

 

In the WWE Universe, NXT UK was hit with some releases this week. This doesn’t mean much to me since I don’t watch the minor leagues but it’s always hard to hear someone lost their job. I wish them all the best. We’ll see if we see them in new iterations in the future.

 

So, that basically brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. I think this is the first time I had more AEW news but it’s no surprise that it concerns former WWE wrestlers. If the backstage talk has any validity, we may see some more returns which I get the feeling wouldn’t hurt. In any case, tonight we have some drama of our own to witness. Sounds like Ronda Rousey doesn’t care about any stinking “suspension”. The Viking Raiders will officially “bury” the New Day…or Kofi Kingston. Haven’t seen Xavier Woods for a while. We get some more NXT call-ups and Roman Reigns will see what Drew McIntyre wants. You’ll have to tune in if you want to know more or catch the highlights online. It’s your choice. You’ll get a retweet and/or a Like if you make me laugh so, have some fun out there.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments