SmackDown Checks that Everything Is Booked for Crown Jewel...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

 

How’s everyone living? As good as I hope you can. I am aiming for a bit better but it’s a Tortoise vs. The Hare sort of situation. Got to be savvy more than quick. But I won’t bore you with that.

 

In the Wrestling World, it’s been kind of a slow week if you’re more the casual viewer. There are a few things to talk about so, let’s get to it.

 

First order of business is that Ric Flair is back in the fray again. He debuted on AEW this past Wednesday on Dynamite. As the story goes, he’s Sting’s retirement “gift”. As many of you probably know, Sting announced his retirement and since he’s about 530 years old, it’s bittersweet but understandable. Sting is another one I missed out on but I respect the legacy he’s established in the Industry. Regardless of not having witnessed it myself, I certainly know who the man is so, that stands for something.

 

Flair definitely isn’t in the best shape so, I’m not sure what he’s gonna do besides show up for promos and maybe sit on Commentary from time to time but if everyone’s happy with it, I won’t complain.

 

In other news, CM Punk is dropping that he will not be at Survivor Series next month. Guess we have to hold out for the Royal Rumble 😉 I get the feeling he’ll probably watch. He may even be backstage but if he’s not in the show, he’s not in the show. Be prepared for the chants. They’re in Chicago so, it’s inevitable. We’ll see if it holds any sway.

 

And so, that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. The big deal tonight is the Contract Signing between LA Knight and Roman Reigns. That’s already circulating so it looks like they open. Bianca Belair is also supposed to be in attendance. The New LWO has some beef stewing with the Street Profits. Rey Mysterio and Santos Escobar have been tapped to represent. And naturally, we’ll have some more matches set for Crown Jewel. Go-Home week is next week after all. Let’s see if they can ramp up the interest on this one. It could serve other purposes this time around. We shall see.

 

Well, with SmackDown on FS1 tonight the showtime is a little different. It had its usual start time of 5pm for the East Coasters but we West Coasters have to wait until 9pm for the replay. I get it if you have some place to be but all I got planned for this evening is watching Billions and bed. It wasn’t always like this. There was a time I’d be out but eh…those days have passed. I get my jollies in other ways now. Feel free to join me for the unofficial watch party if you feel the same.

  

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments