RAW Fallout - FastLane 2023

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

FastLane has come and gone and I’ll just say that I was a little underwhelmed but not exactly disappointed. There was a lot of lead up and I thought they’d do more with it but in the end, they defaulted to pleasing the fans and keeping the Men’s and Women’s Titles right where they are.

 

In that respect, the only real surprise was not pulling the trigger on Shinsuke Nakamura. That’s the only thing that I don’t fully understand. Given the lead up, all that leaves me to feel is if not now, when? What was all that for, then? I can understand the thinking that Seth Rollins is more interesting story-wise but Nakamura deserves to have his due. I guess we’ll see if WWE leaves him hanging or not.

 

As for Match of the Night, most felt Nakamura vs. Rollins took the cake. For me, I leaned more towards Jey Uso & Cody Rhodes vs. The Judgment Day with Damian Priest & Finn Bálor. It was a lot of fun and was well-paced. I was hoping for some more drama but WWE decided to keep it simple and I suppose that’s all right for now. I hope this leads up to more involved plots in the future but I can understand testing these waters first.

 

As much as I’d like more complex content I also remain a proponent of keeping things relatively simple. Like I keep saying, WWE has to remain a public “mistress/lover” to patrons. We generally aren’t looking to get married but keep it fun and we’ll always keep it on the side. It is what it is and I’ve made my peace with that but if this is to go on forever, it has to breathe and evolve so at the very least, the future seems promising. We’ll be watching.

 

In other news, there’s talk in the WWE Universe that the Firefly Funhouse idea may be resurrected under Uncle Howdy and naturally, there are some conflicted feelings. Many don’t feel it’s necessary and I can sympathize. The blow of Bray Wyatt’s death is still fresh and to continue his specific gimmick without him seems senseless. This is why Dave Grohl went on to create the Foo Fighters as opposed to revive Nirvana after Kurt Cobain’s death. Nirvana died with him. Many feel so should it be for the Funhouse.

 

It would appear that WWE views it more like The Tonight Show and is looking to make Uncle Howdy the new host. Well, if it is to be Bo Dallas, he has the tough task of making the concept his own. I think that’s the only way to have a real shot. I don’t think anyone will want to watch a cheap imitation. He’ll have to breathe new life into it and reshape it into something he can sustain. Good luck to him.

  

And so, that brings us to tonight’s RAW. We will have Fallout from last weekend and see where all the pieces land. In the meantime, Kofi Kingston will keep the New Day’s feud with the Viking Raiders going. He’ll take on Ivar this time and Raquel Rodriguez will attempt to get some payback on Nia Jax. Outside of that, we’ll have to watch and find out. I’ll be leading the unofficial watch party on the Twitters/X come the 8 o’clock hour, West Coast time. You’re always welcome to join.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





 

Comments