RAW Keeps Things On Schedule Ahead of Crown Jewel...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



Hope your complaints are few, though I’m sure there’s plenty you could sound off about. It’s just that sort of time. There’s a lot going on in the world at present. Plenty to be concerned about. It’s no wonder I find my escape in wrestling/sports entertainment. Well, there’s not all that much going on at the start of this week but there are few things to toss around. Shall we?



First up, AEW appears to be in a ticket sales slump. Hype for Survivor Series seems to be leaving them in the dust and it’s hard to say how they change things. I do take a look at what they’re doing from time to time just to compare and contrast and WWE is still the far more polished product. Good wrestlers are good wrestlers so that shows when they’re left to do their thing but a lot of the content reads as immature and juvenile, far more so than WWE current fare so that may be a bit of a hurdle.



The last time I watched, the bro-humor was rampant and I’m not sure if everyone is a fan. WWE has been slightly more witty on the regular and I’m appreciative of that. We all know they’ve had their poor taste moments and I’m glad they’re willing to leave that in the past. They should do all that they can to remain a consummate example of how this should be done. Nothing wrong with classing things up when possible.



Yet, the freer format that AEW operates under is refreshing and definitely suits those with the savvy to take advantage. I have no problem with AEW as an existing promotion and always wish them well but my preferences remain due to obvious better production values and overall familiarity. I don’t expect it to change but I appreciate the contrast AEW does provide. Some will work better there than the other and so it shall always be. Could be worse.



Elsewhere, the other well-known promotion, Impact has decided to go back to its roots and reclaim the TNA branding. I’m not sure what prompted this reboot but whatever makes them happy. This isn’t one I partake of but again, it’s always nice to know there are alternatives out there. We all know they’ll willingly take CM Punk in so, we’ll see if this borders on being a lure. 



And so, that more or less returns us to the WWE Universe for tonight’s RAW. The Judgment Day have reacquired all their “Gold” and will use tonight to gloat and Damian Priest will have at Jey Uso in Singles action. Logan Paul is set to show up too. The New Day will take on Alpha Academy this time around and Drew McIntyre will try his attitude on Sami Zayn. And somewhere in there, Becky Lynch will give Indi Hartwell a shot at the NXT Title. 



I’ll be watching along with the rest of the West Coast. You may not know this but if you’ve cut the cord and just stream on the West Coast, you more than likely DVR this stuff. Streaming happens live for live content depending on the network/provider. USA Network only accommodates Spectrum customers forcing many West Coasters to get creative. I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point the argument arises to reinstate cable. The crux of Capitalism, it promotes spending money not building efficiency. But I digress. 



Join me for the unofficial watch party on Twitter/X. Nice to see my Reboot reference got a little traction. Thank Seth Rollins’ “unique” fashion sense. Makes it easy to create little gems. Let’s see what he does tonight. Maybe we can settle on a new nickname. 



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments