SmackDown Keeps Us on Track for Crown Jewel...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



Happy Friday! Well, there’s not that much to toss around today but there are few little tidbits to gnaw on. Let’s get into it, shall we.



First thing of note is that CM Punk in WWE may not be completely off the table. Rumors are that there’s been some movement on the matter but in which direction remains to be seen. This is the sort of thing I was talking about. Given that Punk still generates talk and attention, I don’t think WWE would not reconsider him. 



I just feel that with that, this return has to be handled carefully and quietly. If they want it to be a surprise, I won’t be surprised if we don’t see him at Survivor Series but hopefully they get the response they want when he’s a surprise entrant at the Royal Rumble or shows up at WrestleMania. All I’m saying is if they can keep the drama on TV, you’ve got gold. I’m all for it and hope they work something out.



In the WWE Universe, the big thing floating around at present is that it has been decided that LA Knight will get his big match against Roman Reigns at Crown Jewel. Being this is still like an exhibition, I don’t expect Reigns to drop the title but if Knight performs well, Reigns won’t have to. Knight has an uphill battle at the moment as he has to hurry up and have a career in WWE given his age, so I hope he makes the most of this opportunity and has fun. 



I doubt he’ll get to talk much during the match so all the promos leading up to it have to be straight 🔥 I’m rooting for him. I can sympathize because we’re about the same age so, I can understand still wanting to play ‘cause there’s still plenty of gas in the tank. Reigns is no whippersnapper anymore but he can playfully call him “big bro”. I’m hoping they generate some buzz and then let Knight show us what he’s got other than rocking the mic. We shall see.



For now, that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown.  The big deal tonight besides John Cena being in attendance is Logan Paul will be in the building to start some stuff with Rey Mysterio. Sounds like the plan is for him to challenge for the US Championship. The Bloodline will have some words for LA Knight. It’s hard to say if that will include Reigns. Iyo Sky will defend the Women’s Championship against Charlotte Flair and Santos Escobar will stay fresh with some help from Montez Ford. 



If you want to know more, you’ll have to watch. I should have no problem this time around because I’m on home turf but just be advised that I will be returning to my hometown in the coming months and watching SmackDown “live” may be a little challenging at times. That market caters to the local teams and it shows at a later time on those days. I’ll let you know ahead a time how it’s gonna be but that’s going to be how it is until it’s back on the USA Network.  Just letting you know. Make use of the unofficial watch parties when you can. I’ll be doing my thing at 8pm PDT.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments