RAW Tries to Keep Focus on Crown Jewel?...

 A Merry Monday to You, Enthusiasts.


How’s it going? Well, the Wrestling World doesn’t have too much going on so this should be a short post. Let’s break down what little is floating around, shall we?



Reports are circulating that we can breathe easy given that with the WWE/UFC merger Ari Emanuel has taken it upon himself to keep Mr. Vince McMahon out of Creative. From what I’m hearing, it’s more to keep Mr. McMahon focused on running the business so that Triple H can focus on keeping us entertained. 



Now, I know things used to be really bad. That’s the whole reason I started this blog. To talk shit about the crap they were putting on television. It was consistently barely palatable. If you ask my mom, it wasn’t palatable at all. There were some fun times but they were hard to call, that was for sure. Whoever is handling Creative now is doing a more consistent and cohesive job so, why go back to half-assed, crapshoots? 



I know everyone has generally defaulted to blaming Mr. McMahon but personally, all I really can blame him for was letting subpar material air. I don’t doubt there are some truths to his micromanaging ways but I will always stand firmer by accepting and acknowledging I don’t have the definite facts,  just what a lot of fans/onlookers assume. 



All I can say now is that content is far more fun to watch and actually makes some sense more or less and there’s far more of a healthy dab of humor which, for this sort of fare, needs plenty of if you’re going to have people coming back. We can’t really take it that seriously on principle. It’s all staged. We should only be commending performances well-played. I can say for the first time in close to 10 years that the only way to go is up.



So, that more or less, brings us to tonight’s RAW. We’re in No Man’s Land ahead of Crown Jewel and with all the action going on in the Mid-East, I hope there are contingencies in place if the airspace gets too hot. In the meantime, we’ll see Ricochet and Shinsuke Nakamura go until one of them can’t anymore in a Falls Count Anywhere Match. Rhea Ripley is going to see what Shayna Baszler is made of. GUNTHER will see if Bronson Reed has more to offer than being bigger round than your standard tape measure. And Cody Rhodes & Jey Uso like being unlikely Tag Team “Brothers”.  So, they’ll face the Judgment Day for the Titles again. 



Word is that Damian Priest may be given the go ahead to move on from the Judgment Day soon. Hard to say if that entails cashing in but I’m sure we’ll have some drama to pave the way. Guess we’ll see. I’ll be watching on the West Coast as usual. If you don’t know what to do with yourself on a Monday evening, you’re always welcome to the unofficial watch party. It keeps me entertained.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments