Money in the Bank 2026 - Matches of Interest

Happy Money in the Bank, Enthusiasts!



It’s kind of a weird time so, how to approach this is a little lost on me so, I’m just gonna keep it simple. That’s what you’re supposed to do, right? I’ll be honest. I’m only looking at the Money in the Bank Matches but I’ll give Honorable Mention to Roman Reigns and LA Knight.



They get opening duties and that alone speaks volumes. Personally, I’m thinking it gets DQ’d somehow. I hope Knight at least gets some respectable time in. Though, he’s at the end of career, doesn’t mean he can’t be a contender. However, would he actually be? 



It’s possible that Knight can win but it’d have to be a fair fight. In that case, I don’t mind interference. We can safely assume this game is rigged. So, how does Knight save face?



I’m expecting interference from someone like Solo Sikoa. He could be so about overtaking Roman Reigns, he loses the plot. Yeah, Reigns “saved him” but maybe he likes how 946 rolls? Ain’t nobody safe! Maybe that’s what it takes to take the Homecoming King out? 



Knight losing flat out, leaves him at he tried and failed. Something messing it up leaves the possibility of success open. There is the outside possibility Knight wins but then what? There’s nothing wrong with normalizing the Heavyweight Championship but Knight winning does that. It’s whoever “wins” then. Corporate will have to go along with that, not dictate play. Is that all right? 



I’m all for the underdog but is that entertaining in the long run? Knight only has a few yrs. But conversely, so does Reigns. Should Reigns ride it out or should Knight wear it once? 



I would have had Knight in the MITB Match. If he was going to honestly have a run, it would have been orchestrated. Having the contract is believable. Then it’s elevated Checkers. Not quite Chess but it’s not just straight forward checkers either…it’s just not that hard once you get the true goal. This should be a good match or at least entertaining. So...what is? 



I don’t see Knight beating Reigns. Knight could in theory but on paper, does he? Maybe on the ๐ŸŽค  but Reigns can have a good day. Then what? No one is afraid of Knight. Could he kick someone’s ass? Why not but I don’t expect him to. Reigns got cast as Akuma for a reason. He looks the part. 



If Knight wants to change the perspective, he’ll have to look the part. I’ll never say it’s impossible but there are more grounded ways of doing so. If he’s to be Champion, he’ll have to be smart about it. Once he believably demonstrates that, so be it. We’ll see what happens.



Anyway, I’m looking at the MITB Matches. Why wouldn’t I ๐Ÿ˜‰ We’ll start with the Women. Well, unsurprisingly, we’re getting a new crop. The Old School is well into their 30s so we need some fresh meat ๐Ÿ™„ I don’t blame these ladies. They’re doing they’re best but the double standard is clear. No OGs just the new shit. Meanwhile, the Men have a reasonable mix. I rest my case.



That said, given that Lash Legend got the pin on SmackDown, I think it’s anyone’s to win. Personally I’d give it to Roxanne Perez. She’s been a trooper. Has the skill and is a draw. She’s a cutey, don’t lie. That always helps. Whether anyone likes it or not, she’s a full package and has done the time. I don’t see why not. 



For the Men, I’m not mad at the societal constructs. I’m just noting them. I kinda want CM Punk to make history and wouldn’t be mad if he finagled his way to a win. Yet, I can see how just about anyone else can win. That should make for a good time. 



If not Old Man Punk, I’d suspect Penta (Lucha-Mitsu). He proved he’s got the chops even if he’s against type so, if Hope would be kept alive anywhere, Lucha-Mitsu is a fair place to start. 



Otherwise, I’m leaning towards Bron Breakker by any means necessary. SmackDown already showed he doesn’t care how it’s done so, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if he steamrolled. It works as long as it entertains. I think Breakker can do at least that. I don’t mind allowing him to grow but if we’re checking progress, these are the markers performers have to hit if they want true consideration. I think Breakker means business but I respect his youth. This doesn’t have to happen now but I hope the training is sound.



So, that’s where my head is at. We’ll see if they see what I see. I don’t need to see it a certain way, this is just what I’d do. Let’s see if I know what I’m talking about.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments