RAW Checks that Everything Is Ready for Money in the Bank...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Welcome to a new week. There’s not too much going on in the Wrestling World so I shouldn’t go on for too long but I won’t limit myself either. This is like my stream of consciousness blog so, I’ll talk about whatever comes to mind but at the same time, I don’t want to bore anyone who does swing through. I’ll keep to the point, whatever it ends up being.

 

In the rogue City-State of MLW, there were some interesting action to say the least. The beauty of not watching live means you can fast forward through undesirable bits and that will be any segments including Matt Riddle for me. That said, I didn’t watch much of the opening but I know that Riddle and Karrion Kross are slated for Tag Team action this week. I’ll watch the match but I’m not sitting through anything else with him in it. That’s how I’ll boycott here.

 

As for the standouts, I got a look at Stardom’s offering in H.A.T.E who are comprised of Rina and Saya Kamitani. They come off as wrestling cosplayers at first but by the end they show us why they do this, Rina especially. They took on Lady Frost and Shotzi and I have to say that Frost still looked smooth as ever so, I’ll give her the nod.

 

Honorable mention goes to BeastMan. Oof, he’s a lot of person and a big ole mess but that’s clearly the point. You don’t want none of him! Didn’t get him the win this time around but an impression was definitely made.

 

In the Realm of AEW, the passing of PAC still permeates and I expect that to remain the case for the time being. The loss of his presence is certainly felt and the Riders of Death appear to be using that as fuel for the moment. Claudio Castagnoli, Daniel Garcia and Wheeler Yuta participated in a Trios Match against the Bang Bang Gang.

 

The Riders kept it simple and focused while they dispatched of the Gang. Marina Shafir got her hits in too. For me, Ace Austin stood out for the Gang. He also showed promise in his last match against PAC. He’s of a similar build if not a little smaller but makes up for it by being a stocky thing. He can fly high too so it’s looking like he’s the next in line for being a representative of compact acrobats.

 

As for Our Man Jon Moxley, he closed out the show with a hard-hitting bout against Jake Doyle. Renรฉe Paquette herself stated that Mox does his emotional healing in the ring and this match seemed to serve as example. I’m sure both gentlemen felt this one the next day. Didn’t I say the realm could get intense? Not at all surprised. We’ll see if this becomes “a problem” down the road but for now, the Riders get a pass. Everyone knows they’re hurting.

 

And so we find ourselves in the WWE Universe. It’s Go-Home Week as Money in the Bank is on Saturday. We can expect for tonight’s RAW Rey Fenix to see what Ethan Page wants. The Judgement Day reps in Roxanne Perez and Raquel Rodriguez will try to shut down these newbies in Sol Ruca and Lola Vice. Penta (Lucha-Mitsu) pairs with Je’Von Evans to check the New Vision in Bron Breakker and Austin Theory. Becky Lynch will prove she’s still relevant in a #1 Contender’s Match against Liv Morgan. And Roman Reigns will grace us with his presence in response to all the talk LA Knight has been telling us.

 

Things didn’t quite come together in time for me to go to MITB in good faith. I have puppy care to think of and he gets separation anxiety. I have to get him used to boarding before I take off for a week so I’ll be staying put but I will be at Survivor Series so Monday showtimes will move to 7pm PDT in a couple of weeks or so. Might as well take advantage of RAW being on Netflix. There are worse things.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments