Right! RAW Sees Where Some Tweaks Could Be Made...


A Happy Labor Day to You, Enthusiasts!

And for those whom this doesn’t apply, a good Monday to you!  So, we have to get back on this Clash of Champions / King of the Ring track and it looks like the WWE is on it.  It may be in response to AEW’s All Out PPV that was on this past weekend.  I hear Jericho has their title on his shoulder and this prompted Baron Corbin to voice his mild resentment at fans who have a problem with how the same thing is done in the WWE.  Well, I suppose the big difference is presentation.  In recent years, there has been a sort of “take and like it” kind of vibe to how the WWE presented its content.  If a good show is presented, We the Audience won’t resist it.  That has been the major difference between the WWE and anyone else of late.  We would get a good showing by chance not orchestration.  Now, with competition brewing, they’re starting to return to the basics and are starting to reincorporate common sense. Yet, it will take time to reestablish this new normal.  People are entitled to make their insights in the meantime.  The banter is good.  It drums up buzz and that’s what needed most, a little bit of genuine interest.

As for tonight, it looks like we’ve got a full plate.  We’ve got quarterfinal action for King of the Ring.  We should see how Ricochet fares against a pointed Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin will try to get his hands on Cedric Alexander.  Both these matches are hard to call because they hold potential surprises.  Ricochet and Alexander are going to have to be quite crafty to earn wins.  I don’t expect both of them to but if I had to guess, I’m thinking Ricochet if anyone manages an upset.

As for other action, Braun Strowman and Seth Rollins are going to sit down and sign their contracts for the Universal Title match.  It’s an interesting angle, their working with being Tag Team Champs and then having to face each other for the title.  These gentlemen have the tall order of both having to give a performance and deliver a good match.  I don’t envy them.  This has more of a chance at falling flat than succeeding.  I wish them luck.

In addition, there’s something being called a “Women’s Championship Showcase” being offered where Becky Lynch and Bayley will team up and face Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross for shits & giggles.  Rey Mysterio is supposed to make his return and Bray Wyatt filmed another “Firefly Fun House”.  I don’t mind the asides but I would rather he “wrestled” more because I feel this may remove him too far from the point of all this.  The “Firefly Fun House” could be its own segment and if Wyatt has ideas to branch out to television or streaming content, I have no problem but that’s all this looks like to me.  I would rather have the option to view these on YouTube or the WWE Network than watch them on the shows.  Maybe a trailer or a preview but I don’t need to see the whole thing.  Just not sure it will remain relevant in the WWE Universe but Wyatt is more than welcome to explore his creativity.  I know, I know.  People love this gimmick but it’s not landing for me.  It asks too much of me.  I can’t give him that much but I do find him a fun performer.  Less fun house, more in-ring action is what I say.  How about you, Enthusiasts?  Funny tweets will get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, well we have a couple weeks until Clash of Champions.  They need to start ramping up the interest but not too much.  Continue to take your notes and if you cough up a gem be thankful and see if it gets a Like and a retweet.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments