SmackDown Can't Believe It...RAW Actually Listened...

Happy Tuesday to You, Enthusiasts!

I don’t know about you but things could certainly be worse in my corner.  So, last night was one of the finer Go-Home Shows I’ve seen in quite some time.  It was exactly what it should have been.  Though some people question the old tactics of bringing back Attitude Era veterans to inject some life and gain some ratings, it all makes sense when you think about it.  They have to look like a good investment to FOX so they have to up their game a bit and too original/new content could sour fans, they’re keeping with sure fire bets so they can get off on the right foot.  Wouldn’t you?  They’ll be time for experimentation, trust me.  The way things are going – not that they’re bad – they’ll have no choice but to implement some trial and error from time to time.  Right now, they’re just focusing on playing the right note.

Speaking of right notes, of last night the most surprising to me was the Firefly Fun House segment.  I’ve voiced how I don’t really care for this incarnation of Bray Wyatt but in this recent installment, Wyatt went with the kind of deranged crazy that I tend to not be able to resist.  For those of you who were fans of Ren & Stimpy growing up may sympathize because that’s my jam.  Demented, psycho yet hilarious shit gets me every time.  Wyatt allowed himself to go just that far into madness and it somewhat won me over.  I still favor Finn Bálor in the rivalry but now I can feel a bit better about this “Fiend”.

As for tonight, SmackDown may have to do some scrambling because the word is that Elias is “injured”, it sounds like this could be a real injury but who knows, they may use it as a way to sneak Shane McMahon in.  He could win over Chad Gable and then have Baron Corbin throw the fight to win King of the Ring.  I would be fine with something like that if it actually provides the basis for a story-line.  He can’t just win and then we forget this ever happened.  It would have to prompt calls for change from the roster because an “authority figure” is abusing power.  We’ll see if they go in that direction but I wouldn’t be surprised if an Aleister Black gets called to action and to a lesser degree, maybe Kevin Owens.  Whoever it is has to at least seem like a good match to Chad Gable and potentially Corbin.

Also, as RAW got Steve Austin, looks like SmackDown will get The UnderTaker.  In what capacity, whether it leads to anything, I can’t say.  I think there’s still an event set for Saudi Arabia at the end of October, maybe they’ll start leading us into that aside.  We’ll also have to see what they make of the Roman Reigns and Rowan issue.  The issue being that Rowan is no longer playing large, silent foil anymore.  He stands to put a hurt on Reigns and maybe Daniel Bryan too for good measure.  Yet, since last week Rowan made himself clear, will Reigns have a chance to make a “rebuttal” before Sunday?  Suppose we’ll see.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, the pressure is kinda on because RAW nailed it for once, even though a bit contrived.  SmackDown is going to have to leave us wanting for Sunday without trying too hard.  We’ll see if they manage it.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~) 





Comments