And We Arrive at Survivor Series...

Greetings Enthusiasts,

Here we are again at Survivor Series and I have to say it’s a bit different this time around.  This time around, there’s more than just the big ole fights to consider.  This time around, there’s some intrigue.  There’s some curiosity because, dare I say, there appears to be some drama in play and it’s hard to say just how it will play out.  This is very promising because it would appear that the WWE does want to continue to be in this wrestling heat and is actually offering up something that may just make you want to watch.

Last post, I did some pondering on the progression of Triple H and that is what appears to be driving the intrigue this Survivor Series.  I hear that Kevin Owens was persuaded back to NXT which definitely adds a different color to Survivor Series but before I get my hopes up, we do know that the WWE is notoriously hit or miss.  Can we expect any difference this time around?  I’m already feeling bad for Daniel Bryan who has to face The Fiend which is just not landing if you ask me.  I mentioned on the Twitter that it’s that Mandible Claw.  How is that devastating?  Unless his hand is coated in arsenic I don’t see what the big deal is.  If this Fiend is going to come out, it’s gotta be as the kids say, “Lit!”…it’s not lit.  If it’s lit, I can get this gimmick but if it’s some guy in a mask with his hand shoved down another guy’s mouth, I’m not sure what we’re doing here.  It just isn’t reading in real time.  Bray Wyatt is going to have to ramp it up if he really wants this Fiend business to take.  Right now, I’m not sure what he’s thinking and…well, I’ll leave it at that.

As for the show, I won’t speculate.  It’s just too nebulous to attempt but what is clear is that the WWE has to present a well-structured PPV.  If stories are actually going to start to be fleshed and played out, what happens today must serve some purpose and not simply get reversed on RAW come Monday.  What are the implications of Kevin Owens going to NXT?   I’m sure we’ll see some of this during the Team Battle.  And given the Survivor Series outcomes, what can we hope to expect?  Will it default to the general WWE way of doing things and not matter because they’ll simply do whatever gets viewers or will it hold and lead us somewhere?  I can only hope because that’s the key to holding our interest.  Without the true thrill of Competition, the WWE has to rely on other ways of maintaining interest, one of them is Drama.  Will the WWE nail it or act like they don’t know what that is?  I’m curious to see.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites well, I can’t be too persnickety because I may have to catch this later.  Got friends in town and I gotta go socialize.  Yet, as you can see, it’s an early start so I may be able to catch up.  Have fun while I’m gone and see if you get inspired.


See You Soon,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments