So, That Was Survivor Series...RAW Would Like You to Start Looking at Possibilities for TLC...

Happy Monday, Enthusiasts!

How’s it going for you?  Did you catch Survivor Series?  I missed the first hour and Kick-off, myself.   There weren’t any real surprises outside of the main event falling flat.  I personally thought the Ladies Triple Threat would gain our attention but the crowd was not interested.  I personally didn’t mind it but I think what I didn’t really expect is Shayna Baszler not taking more of a chance in this match.  The thing about NXT to me is that they have to demonstrate that they are deserving of the spotlight.  I hear the praise and the accolades but when I sit down and watch, I’m not all that impressed.  Not to say there aren’t some solid workers in there, but compared to what is generally put out by the WWE, I’m not seeing much different.  It's definitely less polished in terms of the action.  In terms of performing a match, I’d say Ruby Riott would have put on a better one but I’ll be fair.  I know War Games was on Saturday so, perhaps we just say she was tired but I was expecting there to be way more “pop” to this match and it whimpered at best.  Yeah, Becky Lynch got some after-the-fact payback but jeeze, this is supposed to be SURVIVOR SERIES and it closed as a snooze fest. 

Not that I’m really faulting anyone, though.  I think the intention to put on a good show was there it just may be that there is more of a disconnect on what may actually constitute one.  To be honest, Baszler didn’t have a bad match but it was a run of the mill one.  She did nothing spectacular.  Didn’t have any crazy moves and didn’t really kick anyone’s ass.  The thing about these NXT cats is that if they’re going to get called-up, we have to see why.  I see that Baszler is a bad bitch but I don’t see much more than that.  She nailed her squashes leading up but the match itself lacked excitement.  If this “bad bitch” persona is gonna take, we need to see her ruining people’s day.  The likes of Bayley and/or Becky Lynch needed to start to get going and then Baszler needed to come in and just “rain” on their proverbial parade.  She needed to "kill hope" and she just wrestled her match and took the win.  The rosters have to remember this is at the end of the day “entertainment”.  If the content doesn’t entertain, what’s the point of watching?

I’d have to say the same for The Fiend and Daniel Bryan’s match as well.  There were some ups and downs but how is The Fiend jamming his hand down Bryan’s mouth a convincing win?  Again, there were no crazy moves, no “death defying” stunts.   Just this guy in a mask sticking his hand in Bryan’s mouth.  Where is the drama?  How do I even get scared about this?   I’m sorry but this gimmick is bordering on delusion to me.  That kinda got confirmed when The Miz cut a backstage promo calling The Fiend “evil” and I’m like no he’s not.   He’s a guy in a mask.  I do see potential, especially when Finn Bálor comes back through but as is, I kinda don’t want to do it to him.  He’s already faced his backlash from being poorly presented.  Doesn’t need more of the same.  What I’m basically saying is that I’m willing to suspend some disbelief with concurrent action but this stuff is asking too much from us.  If this is what Bray Wyatt wants to do, he may be better off pitching the horror flick to WWE Studios but in the ring, we’ll need the kind of beat-down action that only a real throw-down can provide.  We’ll only take so much theatrics.  The theatrics have to lead to an epic throw-down.   We can find better entertainment just about anywhere else, we come back to the WWE in search of a special kind.  The WWE has to double down on that.

Anyway, Enthusiasts tonight we get the fallout on RAW and it’s hard to say what they’ll do.  I wouldn’t say Survivor Series was a complete loss but it wasn’t what they were gunning for.  For me, the Men’s Elimination match was the most fun.  Even though it was clearly plotted out, they had fun with it and it was fun to watch.  Didn’t even mind Roman Reigns getting the win.  Also, found it interesting how people like the idea of a Keith Lee and Reigns feud.  Not sure what the problem would be but I’m not opposed to it.   That match was a fine example of what I am talking about.  They made use of their spots.  Used their best moves and didn’t make the finish all that obvious.  That’s all we really ask.  We know that every night isn’t going to bring the house down but that’s what they’re basically shooting for.  Go show us why we come and watch, don’t make us think we can get up off the couch and do it.  That said, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, well, it’s the Fallout Show so, expect a ton of highlights and explanation as the new or on-going feuds get fleshed out or advanced.  Just see if they have a good show.  Since what the problem is may not be as overtly clear as some people think, let’s see if they’re at least trying.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments