RAW Asks Who's Interested in Money in the Bank?...

Good Evening, Enthusiasts!

Still quarantined?  Yup, me too.  Well, we’ve made it to RAW’s Go Home Show for Money in the Bank but it appears that not too many people care as the ratings remain low.  When I think about this, I can attribute this to many things.  Many would state the seemingly obvious by railing on the content but for once, I can’t really complain about it.  I know we’ve all suffered through worse and the numbers were better then.  So, how should we interpret this?  Well, first of all, let’s consider circumstances.  Perhaps some simply don’t care for watching wrestling without the audience.  I do admit, it’s like a well-cooked meal that needs some salt or maybe a bit more pepper.  Yet, I like the action enough to keep tuning in.  I can accept that others can’t see the point.  I saw this a bit in myself when I checked in to see how AEW was doing.  Looked like I was watching Ring of Honor.  Both are fine promotions but clearly second rate when it comes to production values.

 Then, let us consider that a lot of the top players are opting to sit out until the coast is clear.  Personally, I love it when the lesser known roster members get a chance to shine.  You can really see what’s what but, people like brand names.  Without those to see, a casual watcher can easily go, what’s the point?  And let us not forget the purists.  I like how the WWE has been churning out better television lately but a lot of the old-timers and purists like a grittier more believable scene. Well, if any of you have been watching Dark Side of the Ring on Vice, and you should if you haven’t already, you’ll know that they showed that episode of how the veil on the industry was basically removed.  I have no problem proceeding with the obvious.  All I care about is being entertained and for the most part, I am.

 On the tail end of this trend may be fans that the WWE no longer needs.  We all know the fans aren’t the best and a good section are spectators simply to troll but as we build a more civilized society, the WWE can certainly evolve as well and should be more than willing to let the riff-raff fall by the wayside.  If I’m the WWE, I would like more smarks and reputable viewership just to validate the brand.  AEW can take the leavings.  So, that’s my take on it.  Come to whatever conclusions you will.

 Anyway, back to tonight, so we have some Tag Team action scheduled for tonight.  Some sort of “Last Chance Gauntlet” match…we’ll see what that means and Drew McIntyre is going to see if he can slap some sense into Buddy Murphy…strangely up for that.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, well, I won’t expect much since many don’t care presently but you know, if someone manages some genius, I’ll honor it appropriately.

 


See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments