SmackDown Leads Us into Memorial Day Weekend...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

I know the bulk of us have been staying home but I’m so in the mood for this upcoming 3-day weekend.  Can’t wait to just check out.  But, before all that, we must have the bi-weekly conversation regarding the WWE Universe.  The main headlines concern the unfortunate passing of Shad Gaspard who apparently drowned after saving a child at the beach.  Word is that a riptide carried him out and that was that.  I was not familiar with this gentleman yet, these sorts of circumstances are always bittersweet because in order for someone to live, someone else had to die.  Let us hope this child understands the sacrifice and pays it forward in life. 

Something else floating about is news of Jim Cornette’s response to Becky Lynch’s pregnancy.  I listened to some of the podcast and Cornette just comes off as a crotchety old man, to be honest.  If Lynch wants to go be a mom, why not?  She’s not getting any younger and if that was an aspiration of hers, now is just as good of a time as ever.  I just didn’t think she was on that trajectory just yet.  That’s the main reason I think this was unplanned, never mind how the WWE had story set for her.  That’s just confirmation.   Life happened to Lynch and if you really want to break it down, she “manned” up and faced the music.  Let’s remember, she could have opted to terminate the pregnancy if she really didn’t want to go through with it.  We would have had to read her memoir to find out about it.  Many could say that would have been the easy way out.  This is a defining moment of her life and we’ll see if she ever returns.  More important things appear to be happening.

The other bit of news circulating is the Dark Side of the Ring, episode featuring Owen Hart.  Man, I remember hearing about that back in the day but my details were always sketchy.  Just knew it was a tragic accident but yeah, that was completely preventable.  That is what is so tragic about it.  I’m sure the WWE loves this news getting kicked back up again.  Well, you now know why they don’t do those kinds of stunts anymore.  I just hope they manage some sort of reconciliation with Owen Hart’s family.  Most of these episodes, it’s easy to see both sides but in this case, negligence is clear.  If I’m the WWE, I’m mending the rift just to right the wrong, just for the Karmic resonance, you know.  Wouldn’t want this sort of thing over my head, but that’s just me.

Anyway, as for tonight’s SmackDown action we have more preliminary setup for Backlash.  We’ll get some more qualifying matches for the Intercontinental Title.  Bayley and Charlotte are going to roll around for a bit in a Champion vs. Champion match and Dolph Ziggler is going to continue to try to turn Sonya DeVille as they pair up against Otis and Mandy Rose.  Fair enough for me.  Hopefully, this isn’t too phoned in due to Memorial Day Weekend. You’d think they’d up their games but I get it.  I’m sure I’m not the only one ready to check out.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, let’s just see what we got to work with.  Too hard to call these days.


 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments