SmackDown Sees If It Can Make Itself into a Show Before Money in the Bank...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

I hope you are finding ways to stay relaxed and sane.  I definitely have my ways.  So, next week we have the Go Home Shows for Money in the Bank and to be honest, both RAW and SmackDown have been very watchable of late.  I know many live to bash the WWE but with all my years of TV watching, this is the most palatable it’s been since I’ve started watching it again.  I know so many “remember when…” but we also know that now, a lot of that stuff wouldn’t fly anymore so, I’m all for the modernization and improvements.

Others may complain that there’s not enough wrestling or that it’s poorly booked but all I’m really looking for here is entertainment.  Let’s be honest, please.  This is not a sport, it’s “sports entertainment”.  Personally, I view it as professional rough-housing but that’s not my point.  I think if you want the gritty, auditorium feel you’re in the wrong place.  Stick to those grass roots shows or watch Ring of Honor or AEW.  I don’t think the WWE will ever be for you.  The WWE will always be the mainstream offering of this cult genre.  That means it inherently must have mass appeal but ultimately doesn’t forget what is or where it came from.  So, it playing more like television generally does is inevitable.  I appreciate the polish.  Makes me feel less self-conscious about liking this stuff.  Besides, though the ratings have been low, good content can at least secure an audience and maybe even get some curious onlookers to come back through. 

This is how I felt about Power, that ghetto fabulous show on STARZ.  I was curious because I was hearing a lot about it and wanted to know what the big deal was.  I wasn’t all that impressed with it at first but it was engaging enough that I wanted to know what happened next.  It really didn’t find its stride until the 4th season but it keeps you interested.  That’s what I think the WWE has to do in a way.  Keep things just interesting enough and once they have their tone and characters established, they can just run with it.  If I didn’t know better, I’d say slowly but surely that’s what they’re doing.  And so far, it’s a lot better than it’s been.  There’s a lot of potential within the WWE.  In recent years, it was clear that they didn’t know what to do with themselves but with shit getting real in the streets, I suppose it forced them to give themselves a look over.  And with the TV tapings proving that their not short on talent, looks like Creative is finally starting to do its job.  That’s the beauty of Life sometimes.  It takes a real set of circumstances to get to the root of a matter.  With the truth out, now something can be done.  We’ll see if they’ll make something of it.

As for tonight’s SmackDown, they have to keep us on track, right?  Only got the 2 hours so no time to dilly-dally.  The New Day will give us a chance to get a better look at these Forgotten Sons.  The last qualifying matches for Money in the Bank will get taken care of and Baron Corbin is gonna pick a fight with Daniel Bryan, ‘cause that’s what he does.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, give it a look and see if it inspires.  Shouldn’t be so hard right now.  See if you can conjure up some funnies.

  

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)


  



Comments