Fastlane Is on the Books, Now...WrestleMania...

A Good Monday to You, Enthusiasts.

 

So, who watched Fastlane? It wasn’t all bad but some it definitely left something to be desired. General consensus puts Daniel Bryan vs. Roman Reigns as match of the night with Edge taking the heel turn. Drew McIntyre and Sheamus get second place. It would have been my first if Sheamus got the win but hopefully he gets his due come Summer Slam.

 

The Fiend fans loved his return but you know me, Enthusiasts. My eyes rolled far back into my head. I’m never going to like this angle. And I’m being consistent because I never cared for The Undertaker’s spiel either. I’ll accept the outlandish when it’s properly established and The Fiend is just not. I’m not that big of a horror fan so I’ll always say let Wyatt draft the 90 min. script and have done. Randy Orton gets points for being a trooper. He’s making gallons of lemonade with this shit.

 

As for the match of the night, I agree with what the WWE Universe is saying for the most part.  I liked the main event. It looked like they were all having a lot of fun. I’m curious to see how Reigns turns things around to validate his “victory”. I wasn’t surprised that Edge heel-turned but I wasn’t expecting that to happen until after WrestleMania. I was figuring a tough loss or something would trigger the character change but he’s just got a bee in his bonnet about Daniel Bryan. I guess Reigns is too far gone to be concerned about. Well, the task is to them to make it work. We’ll see what they come up with. I don’t mind how it’s going so far.

 

Before we get into tonight’s action, let’s take a moment to discuss Andrade’s release. Now, I don’t know if anyone is really surprised this came to pass but all I can say is take note. This is how WWE operates. If you’re not popular and if you got no ideas on how to sell yourself anyway, they’re not really going to bother. I was never really impressed with Andrade. I heard the NXT praise but it didn’t translate in my opinion. These hard truths wrestlers have to accept and face. It’s not insurmountable but don’t fool yourselves on what it takes. If a person can’t charm, don’t expect wrestling to save them. We prefer someone who can take a hit and tell a good joke.  Apparently a half-assed horror flick gimmick works well too. I don’t make these rules, just observe and report. We’ll see what Andrade does next with himself.

 

On a side note to that, there are some rumors that Charlotte had something to do with this resolution though she’s now claiming to have tested positive for COVID. Given the timing of all this, I’m not sure how much I believe that but it’s not a big enough deal for me to shout, “Shenanigans!” She can have her privacy but if you ask me, this is a straight look at how WWE handles its internal politics. In any case, on with the show.

 

And so, for the RAW Fallout the one thing we can maybe count on is the debut of Rhea Ripley. How she shakes things up could be very interesting. As much as the Ladies come to work each week, they seem to be falling into this trend of complacency. Last night’s Tag Team Championship was well executed but relatively uninspired. They seemed to go through the motions. The Ladies have to push for exciting content. Yet, if they don’t have any ideas, then they don’t want us to catch wise to that. It’s taken a long time to build this street-cred, to go from pioneering to blasé is the last thing they should want to do. They got to start digging to keep it fresh. Maybe Ripley can help with this.

 

As for the rest of the fare, well, there may be a reversal or 2 as is customary. We may have to see how the Singed Fiend makes his mark. Will all the puppets now look like they’ve been rescued from a fire should the Fire Fly Funhouse return? And at some point, Bobby Lashley will officially set his sights on Drew McIntyre. We have just less than 3 weeks to WrestleMania and the formal build begins tonight. Let’s see how interested they get us. I’ll watch anyway but interest level is yet to be determined. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, make sure you attempt them from a relaxed state. You don’t want to try too hard. Keep it loose, and let what comes naturally do the work. You may just surprise yourself.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments