SmackDown Continues to Keep WWE Afloat...

Good Friday to You, Enthusiasts!

 

I hope this week treated you well.  So, the big news going around is who is AEW’s big acquisition? They’re saying it’s a doozy. So, who could it be? Well, from what I’m hearing we’re better off crossing off who it isn’t. CM Punk denies it. Batista says he’s got better things to do. Christian is contracted up with WWE and I doubt they could pay Brock Lesnar enough to make it worth his while. The way they’re going at it, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s someone like Shawn Michaels. I say that because the older wrestlers are getting a resurgence for whatever reason. Sting is already playing out his twilight years. Tully Blanchard got his old ass back in the ring. I doubt WWE has anything for Michaels and if he’s just sitting at home, antsy, why not make some cash with AEW? All I’m saying is that I bet it’s someone no one is really thinking about. I don’t know how much money AEW has to work with.

 

Besides that, the only bit of news that caught my interest is the WWE Network to Peacock transition. Well, it sounds like it’s best to cancel the WWE Network come April and to sign up with Peacock. Sounds like neither company wants to take on the hassle of a migration. I don’t really blame them. Having gone through several in my job history, they are pains no matter how you cut it. Might as well just take whatever losses and see who follows through. So, premium Peacock it is.

 

And that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. We’re deep in No Man’s Land with Fastlane a solid 2 weeks out so I guess it’s the perfect time for a stipulation steel cage match. Daniel Bryan will again face Jey Uso for a shot at the Universal Title. It sounds like Roman Reigns will saunter out to calmly state that Bryan shouldn’t bother and Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler will continue to make the rounds as Baszler squares off against Bianca BelAir in a nostalgia match. Other than that, we’ll have to wait and see. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, it all depends on what we get to work with. SmackDown is becoming the show we rely upon and early reports continue to sound good. Relax and have fun. Let the quips come to you.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments