After Some Fuss, RAW Sets the Course to Fastlane...

Happy Monday, Enthusiasts!

 

I hope it finds you well. So, after I posted last Friday I saw an article saying that Christian’s contract negotiations fell through. If I had seen that beforehand, I would have circled Christian as my choice for the new AEW, potential WWE “Hall of Famer”. Now, I don’t know about this move for Christian. Not that I have anything against him but I don’t know what AEW plans to do with him. At least with WWE, you play out the story with Edge but in AEW is he just another jaded, former WWE superstar looking for the proverbial “Brass Ring” to chase? If you ask me, no matter how you cut it, Christian ends up in the same place, doing short spots in the mid-card time slot. They say he’s going to come through and be the hardest worker but will that actually happen? For guys like Big Show, I get it. WWE is played out for them. They’ve done it all. Worn just about every hat. They might as well try AEW on for size. Christian has the case that he still has some things he could do. I don’t doubt that AEW can be a good experience for him but I don’t know… Not sure how long this partnership lasts. Guess we’ll see but I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up retiring with WWE in the end. It’s the whole might as well thing. There’s plenty to be desired sure, but it’s still the best we have stateside. Go out on top if you can.

 

On the other side of that, one wonders what’s going to happen with Edge. I thought that Christian’s return had some more forethought but the WWE is letting little bits of evidence slip. Christian now over at AEW alludes to the lack of a long-term plan for Edge. These are aspects that WWE needs to shore up if they want to maintain fan faith. As with anything, when I person realizes weaknesses or flaws in something, interest can wane. I keep saying WWE has to demonstrate they’re smarter than this because if they don’t, the question becomes why bother with them. I’m not quite there yet because at the same time, they don’t need to give me a Physics breakdown, they just have to show that they have some sort of plan. It’s hard to get excited when you can see they’re going for it on a wing and a prayer. Sometimes you have to wing it but in most cases, a person should have a game plan and it’s hard to see if they do sometimes. They have to start getting way out in front just so we can see that someone’s doing their job.

 

Anyway, that was what had the wrestling world buzzing. Thankfully, I was right about everyone else. I’ll chalk my misread up to “delayed intel” 😉 We’re a week out from the Go Home Show for Fastlane so, we’re seeing how WWE keeps us interested. I hear that The Miz will face Bobbly Lashley for the WWE Title again and Shane McMahon and Braun Strowman will see if they can cook up a palatable beef. Looks like Sheamus and Drew McIntyre are going to try to keep their “unfriendly” feud going as well. When it comes to everything else, we’ll have to watch and see. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, well sit back and see what you have to work with. I say this often because it’s true. We have to be fair. That’s what gives our opinions some weight. If we constantly bitch, then we’re trolling. But if there’s something to bitch about or praise, then we’re engaging spectators. What would you rather be?

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments