RAW Ushers Us into the Revolution but They'll Setup Survivor Series First...

What’s Going On, Enthusiasts?

 

Enjoying autumn? Prepping for Thanksgiving for those of you in the States? I’m trying to take in the best of the current times. In any case, I think I have to take a moment and stress the importance of what’s happening in WWE right now. Many are upset at the cruel releases and yes, more tact could definitely be used on WWE’s part but what I’m talking about is what I’ve been talking about since 2014. THE OVERHAUL IS UPON US!

 

The absolute shock of the house cleaning completely blinded me to the obvious. What I’ve been saying needed to happen is happening. The only concern, will it actually be an improvement? That will remain to be seen. This is the beginning and those who remain will build the WWE future. I don’t think we really understand what’s going on. Yet, the talk of tentative contracts and the rebranding of NXT speak to being proof of the day I thought would never come. The product is getting overhauled, people. You want to help them out? Get vocal about what you would like to see. Post dream matches and rivalries. The problem with WWE has been lack of vision. We may be able to help guide their direction. Hopefully, part of this overhaul is being more open about the content.

 

What we all must keep in mind is that this day was inevitable. WWE never really had a sustainable model at least not for the past 20 years. The lack of new stars and questionable content have served as proof just like AEW does. These are the markers of incompetence. The management understands the running of a business and managing the books but not so much on producing satisfying shows. Now, there are people over there who do know how to put on a good show because when they have to deliver, they tend to. I think Crown Jewel IV surprised us all. So, they are capable but it doesn’t appear to be a priority.

 

What all the recent bad press ensures is that WWE has to prove that all the recent moves/releases were for the best. It does seem like they’re trying to prevent hoarding talent in the future, especially when they can’t come up with stuff for all of them yet, it’s hard to say if they’re trying stockpile good ideas along with that. That should be the next order of business. I think we can all attest to the sort of carte blanche one gets when one delivers. A lot of all this bad press gets forgiven if it’s followed up with respectable product. I would say “stellar” but we’re not going to get that right off the bat. Best not to overreach. Yet, I have to give them the credit they do deserve because shows like RAW especially has been more watchable. I know plenty would beg to differ but just remember 6 years ago. I can practically guarantee that what we’re getting now is a vast improvement. Is it great, no, I won’t lie but it is better than it was. I’m not nearly as pissed as I used to be.

 

But understand that a lot of that also comes from acceptance. Many of us see how great WWE could be. I too have envisioned awesome encounters and absolute jaw-dropping reveals but WWE doesn’t seem to want to produce those. Well, in my years of watching, it’s all due to lack of vision. Many of you would scoff and blame Vince McMahon like I don’t know what’s going on but I really just think that’s what they want us to believe. I don’t doubt the man oversees things, it’s his product but the stories of crippling micromanagement a man like that just doesn’t have time for. I don’t presume to know WWE’s inner workings and I don’t doubt someone prefers their word done and doesn’t want to hear any pushback but I don’t think it all points to the same person.

 

Regardless, what I’m getting at is that I’ve been watching this product consistently enough to know that the real problem is no endgame. This is what I’m getting at when I say WWE needs a creative skeleton/backbone. It needs a structure that it can systematically operate under. It’s partially there in the PPV structure. We all know that November means Survivor Series but as in many recent years, the build is next to non-existent. They should be ramping up feuds and shit talk right now and they kinda are with Seth Rollins, Big E and Kevin Owens but their being on the same brand, where’s the Survivor Series buzz? Are they battling to represent RAW or are they really getting into a beef this close to when they need to be acting as a team? Chances are neither possibility will be explored and they’ll be told to have a match with little to no real set-up. This is the sort of thing I used to comment on before. If WWE doesn’t want to take the time to tell a story, maybe the answer is more realism. Set it up more like a mock UFC and make a wrestler’s record count. Have a tournament bracket and let the wrestlers “wrestle”. Whoever entertains, entertains. The story comes from what actually happens in the ring. Other roster members sabotage or upset to cause additional drama. That’s the simple solution. I don’t know why anyone would be angling for the half-assed option.  

 

That said, if they prefer the storyline set-up, they have to go in the other direction and follow a sort of Game of Thrones set-up and develop the factions/houses and the politics and the intrigue. Either way could work because WWE has elements of both. They have to choose what they’re going to do and focus on developing the structure to implement and maintain it. Let’s hope that’s what’s being discussed along with how to “keep costs down”.

 

All right, in other news, one of the recently released, Keith Lee, took to social media to give a brief statement on his status and the future. I’m glad that he’s hopeful. I’m pretty sure the first draft of his AEW contract has already been written up. I think he’ll do well over there. Like I said, sounds like WWE didn’t really want to take the full chance on him but if he can go over there and prove that the rumors of his “limitless” nature are true, I’m sure WWE will come knocking again.

 

In the meantime, we have the really slow build to Survivor Series. Seth Rollins and Big E appear set to address the beef that’s been simmering between them. Becky Lynch will see who is “man” enough to face her and we’ll see what other surprises they’ve planted for this Monday. Clean your contacts, Enthusiasts. WWE is restructuring and we currently have front row seats.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments