Don't Care About Backlash? SmackDown Tries to Change That...

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

 

How’s everyone doing? I hope you’re doing well for the most part. You know, no true grievances. So, there are few things we can chat about. Nothing is setting the “world on fire” but it’s something kick around. Shall we get to it?

 

So, let’s start outside of WWE. AEW and New Japan have joined forces to set up the first “Forbidden Door” PPV event. I understand that this is historic, but it’s ultimately lost on me. I’m more partial to Sports Entertainment so as everyone clamors at the news I simply note that people find it interesting. It’s not that it’s not the big deal people say, it’s just that it doesn’t mean much to me. I’m glad that the wrestling industry is evolving. It has to if it is to survive, but I won’t be going out of my way to purchase this PPV. Yet, if I get word of any awesome matches, I’ll take some time to watch it just to broaden my wrestling view. Nothing wrong with that. But I’m not going to lie and say I’m trying to become a convert. I’m just curious. I hope you can see that I only care, so much.

 


On the outskirts of the WWE, Windham/Bray Wyatt has returned to his cryptic ways as he changed his Twitter handle to a red circle ( O ) , which could be promising. It all depends. If this leads him into becoming a “saved” cult leader, then he’s beginning to understand basic Drama. If he’s delving further into his own creative “madness”, he may lose people more than draw them in. Think CeeLo when he showed up to the Grammys in a gold costume a few years back. He was attempting to reinvent himself in some sort of way but no one was buying it. That’s what Wyatt has to guard against. He can’t take too wild of swings to maintain relevancy. People will come to that conclusion. That’s not understanding the assignment. We’ll see if he makes it interesting or prove he’s grasping at straws.

 

So, that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. We’re still in No Man’s Land so it looks like the lesser known roster members will get some airtime. Main Event appears to be Sami Zayn and Drew McIntyre in a Lumberjack Match. Zayn can’t seem to complete a match with McIntyre so the punishment is to have nowhere to go. Also, The Usos and RKBro rack up their animosities to build their unification match for BackLash. Outside of that, we have watch and see. Funny tweets and Likes get retweeted. We have 1 more week before Go Home shows so keep your eyes open for those who are understanding the task. This is their time to shine. Try to reserve some judgment. These are often experimental times but it does tend to also expose the good workers. Potential is better than nothing.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments