WrestleMania 38 - Day I

Happy Opening Day of WrestleMania,

 

Hope you get to sit back and enjoy the show in peace. So, there are some question marks that have yet to be addressed. Today they should get answered. As you know, I don’t breakdown everything. I just hit the points of interest so, let’s get to it. I’ll be brief.

 

We’ll start with Bianca Belair vs. Becky Lynch II. These ladies just have to have fun with it. Keep it nice and competitive and just go. If they can work in some appropriate shit talk too, we should all be happy with the outcome of this one. All they need to do is flip a coin and the outcome is fine with me.

 

Seth Rollins vs. Whoever is next. I really want to see if they make this interesting whether it’s Cody Rhodes or not. As I said in the previous post, there’s some talk that Shane McMahon is in town to fill the void but others say that’s just what he does come WrestleMania, he catches the show. I will reiterate that I think using Shane as a sub is a bad idea. Though I can see WWE trying to establish a new state of excellence, they still get dragged daily in social media. Anyone curious doesn’t see a lot of praise outside of its self-promotion. They need to do what they can to change their reputation, especially on the biggest day(s) of the WWE’s year. If it isn’t Rhodes, it better be someone more exciting than Shane. Some fans may find the humor but many won’t have enough patience. A move like that could backfire, big time.

 

And finally, the Main Event in Stone Cold Steve Austin as a guest on the Kevin Owens show. So, I’m just curious as to how they pull this off. I’m hearing reports that Austin is in good shape and could probably go. I mean, Owens has never been the pinnacle of physical fitness. You’d think he was the one sitting at home, drinking beer all this time. And Austin doesn’t seem like a guy that would let himself get too soft. I’m sure he’s not afraid of Owens whether he trained for the day or not. I’m really not sure what to expect here, to be honest. Both can put on a good match, but will this actually be one? Or will it not be a match at all? Will “surprises” upend the whole thing? We will have to wait and see. All I’ll say is seeing how the Royal Rumble crashed and burned, this weekend has to be a success. There’s not a lot of pressure because I’m sure we’ll get some solid matches. We should get our money’s worth but there are probably going to be some stuff that doesn’t work. I don’t want this to be one of those things but the potential is there. Let’s hope WWE doesn’t bungle it and remember it only hurts them if it does. We’re really going to watch and see if they learn the hard way.

 

So, that’s what I’m going to be looking at. Everyone else will have to use the stage. I’m sure that Ronda Rousey and Charlotte Flair will make a strong case for Match of the Night yet I’m always open to the unexpected. We can keep our eyes open for any unsung heroes that may use tonight to make their mark. If you’re going to do it, this is a good time. We’ll see who makes us view them in a new light.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments