BackLash (2023) - Puerto Rico | Matches of Interest

 How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?


Well, I’m having a little bit of a time, keeping up because things appear to be changing in the streaming world. It would seem that we have to get used to the live feed. No more West Coast replay. DVR it or wait until the next day when it’s on-demand. This may be the first PPV I’ve got to go in to blind. Doesn’t mean I can’t talk about it. 



So, for being one of the less popular PLEs/PPVs, this one is kinda intriguing. It’s one of those, “make or break” PPVs. People appear to be getting their “big chance”. For that, I’m going to talk about 4 matches as opposed to 3. I’ll try to be brief. Got other things to do.



To start, I feel I have to say something about Bianca Belair vs. Iyo Sky. I’ve seen Sky in NXT matches and she can work a good match. I won’t say Belair can’t but her matches can run a little flat. Not sure what it is. Maybe she’s too serious or something. It feels too much like work and I have to stress how much better it is if everyone is having a great time out there. 



Regardless, we can see that it’s Sky’s big break. So, the task for her could be to not let Belair drag her down or at least put up a good fight not sinking. I’m rooting for Sky here. She’s got the chops.



To counter, we have Seth Rollins vs. Omos where it’s practically guaranteed that Rollins will probably carry the match. I won’t ever say that someone can’t do something, but I’m not sure Omos can cover that kind of ground in a few hours. Sure, they could “real world” the match and just have Omos thrash Rollins but in this day and age, that just puts a bad taste in the mouth. No one wants to see an unwarranted show of brutality. Rollins would have to thoroughly insult Omos’ dear, dead mother if that were to remotely fly. Rollins would have to deserve the pummeling. Does Rollins want to be the Modern Day Heel? It could come with repercussions.



I’m gonna say that Bad Bunny vs. Damian Priest is gonna be second to last because Bunny isn’t a wrestler but he, like Logan Paul, appears to have a knack for it. Well, if you watch this stuff long enough, you can get the hang of it. I like how Bunny is confident here but at the same time, he doesn’t do this for a living. Could that be what makes or breaks this match? 



On the other hand, I’m happy for Priest. I wasn’t sure what to think of him in NXT. I had 80’s hair band jokes for days on him. He looked straight out of a Dokken concert. I was all ready to tear "Whitesnake's new guitarist" to shreds. You know, playfully but I was ready to go. Glad someone took him aside before it was too late. He has a great stage presence and is really acclimating to the job well. Good luck to him. 


 

And so, that brings us to what I think may close the show, Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar. I get the feeling Rhodes wins or there’s a DQ. To those aware, Lesnar doesn’t need the win. He could win but he doesn’t need it. Rhodes is the one who needs to save face here. He has to show he’s a fair contender. So, all I’m hoping for is a believable match. Rhodes may represent more of the everyman but that just means he has to utilize some cunning if he’s to best the “big brute”. I’d have faith if Rhodes maneuvers himself into a win. Something tells me a Roman Reigns doesn’t think too much about it. The Gods appear to have his favor. What happens if a little savvy is applied? There’s more than one way to clean a house. Let Rhodes figure it out or die trying. 



So, those are my thoughts on it. I’ll try to squeeze in this latest SmackDown but everyone lives if it doesn’t happen. Shows you how important service providers think it is. I ran into local lacrosse in its place. Didn’t know it was akin to a sports blackout. They either don’t care to make it accessible or think it’s proprietary enough to restrict. Can’t really tell at the moment. I’ll err on the side of caution and think they don’t give a shit. At least my Peacock subscription still works. I’ll catch you all at 5pm EST. 



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments