Backlash Fallout - RAW

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



Did you enjoy BackLash this past weekend? It was a solid show. I didn’t even expect it to be that good. The Puerto Rican crowd definitely had a lot to do with that. They had an absolute blast. It’s what you like to see. It explains why we chose this obsession.



Well, most would say that Bad Bunny vs. Damian Priest was Match of the Night and I would have to agree. In terms of sheer entertainment, it was the spectacle it was intended. When all the other wrestlers came in, I couldn’t really follow because I wasn’t familiar but again, the crowd loved it so who cares. I wasn’t going to be that person. 



So, should we expect a Bad Bunny vs. Logan Paul match at some point? Summer Slam? Survivor Series maybe? 😉 Bunny sells the bumps better. I didn’t expect him to get up to speed so quickly but he showed up and nailed the assignment. Priest is a great sport. Being out there with the crowd singing Bunny’s entrance music must have been quite the experience.  I wouldn’t have thought Bunny would get the win until I witnessed that moment. Guess there was no other way it could end after that. 



Many fans are voicing that Bianca Belair vs. Iyo Sky was the best technical match. I already knew Sky could hold her own in the ring but it was hard to say what the 2 of them would do together but they did have a very competitive, skilled match. 



I was just glad they made me look like I know what I was talking about because Belair has had a few flat matches of late so it was nice to see that she and Sky were able to work together well enough to put on a respectable match. They did a great job of setting the tone for the evening.



As for the main event of Brock Lesnar and Cody Rhodes, I didn’t expect WWE to be on the same page with me. Usually they try to make something cockamamie fly but this time around, they kept the match believable. Rhodes flew in and kept Lesnar off-balance from start to finish. He implemented a strategy to win. What? Cunning? In WWE? It’s about time. It’s the only way to get the more average looking dudes or smaller ladies over. 



They’re not going to win with brute strength. They can’t as is. So, defaulting to smarts has no shame. And it sets the stage to build rivalries as the bested “brute” may endeavor to well-round their game. And so on and so forth. It keeps the game fresh. You already know I’m all for it. 



My only suggestion is that they should have let the match drag out a little longer. I wouldn’t say it felt rushed but the conclusion did seem a bit sudden. I would have let it continue for about 5-10 more minutes before the reversal for the win but that’s just me. Nevertheless, I was happy with the outcome. Rhodes kept himself relevant but now we have to wait for the aftermath.



That brings us to tonight’s RAW.  The BackLash Fallout is marked with a Heavyweight Championship Tournament now that the belts have been separated. RAW will offer up their best contenders while we digest what transpired over the weekend. Word is that Trish Stratus will be in the building this evening as well. I’m sure they’ll be a surprise or 2 on top of that but we’ll have to wait and see. 



I am experimenting with my DVR in order to watch tonight’s show. I, like so many others, have not had cable for a few years but it appears that streaming services are opting for live East Coast feeds, leaving people like me on the West Coast to fend for ourselves. You’ll see how it goes in a few hours.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)








Comments