Matches of Interest - Royal Rumble 2024

Happy Royal Rumble, Enthusiasts!

 

It’s been a mixed bag, to say the least. Well, there’s not much to talk about since the card is fairly light which hopefully means the Rumbles are a going to be jam-packed and full of surprises so, let me get into the 2 matches of interest I have.


First let’s just get out of the way that given light of all the recent allegations against Mr. Vince McMahon, he read the room and resigned from WWE/TKO. He claims innocence but given his known history it’s unlikely anyone really buys that but that will be for his counsel to handle. This is a bit of a PR nightmare so I don’t blame him for not trying to hang around. It's hard to defend yourself when you’re in company like Jeffery Epstein and Harvy Weinstein and the like.

 

Nevertheless, it allows us to focus more on the Royal Rumble and not these unfortunate accusations. That said, let me get into the first match of interest, the Fatal-4-Way with LA Knight, Randy Orton, Roman Reigns and AJ Styles. Hopefully this goes on second to last. I’m expecting the Ladies’ Royal Rumble to open. If the WrestleMania plans are true, we know Reigns will retain but how will be the real question. There will have to be interference or will they let this happen “clean”?

 

Personally, I think Reigns should make an attempt at fairness. If The Rock is eyeing a showdown, it’s going to be hard to rely on the Bloodline support. That would force them to choose sides and I don’t think Reigns is so delusional to challenge The Rock’s pull. This is technically an opportunity to make some things clear. Reigns is in better ring shape generally speaking and should be a formidable opponent regardless of utilizing backup or not. So, if I’m him, I’m looking to make a bit of statement. Shut some people up, even. I hope that leads to a competitive match because we all know Orton and Styles aren’t any slouches and Knight is starving. All they need to do is keep it interesting. We’ll see if I’m on the same page as Creative.

  

That leaves the Men’s Royal Rumble. I can’t really say how this is gonna go. Many people feel we shouldn’t expect Brock Lesnar showing up but that makes me think they may have pulled out the contact list to see if they could get a last minute replacement. At the same time, I wouldn’t be surprised if he shows up. I get the feeling he’s paid for, might as well use him. We’ll see if they want to stir those feelings. It’s mandatory that this has WrestleMania implications but it’s hard to say how exactly it will play out.

 

CM Punk has to make a good showing and if he wins, I think how will give us a good indication of whether he’ll be more Heel, Rogue or Face. I can see him getting crafty. He kinda has to given he’s no spring chicken. This thing takes endurance and he can’t expect to plow through it. He’ll have to pick his spots. Maybe trigger others to self-destruct. And we can’t count out Cody Rhodes. Not sure how he’s gonna make it work but we’ll watch him try. I won’t get into this too much because I’m not sure how surprises are gonna factor but this should close. We’ll see if Creative/Management agrees.

 

And so, that’s that. It is what it is but I come back every year. Hopefully, everyone can put recent news aside and just focus on having a blast out there. I’m gonna do my best to do just that. You’re more than welcome to join me.

  

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments