SmackDown Preps for the Final Coat Ahead of the Royal Rumble....

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!



Hope all is going well for you. It was a busy day for me so I’m looking forward to unwinding tonight. There’s not a whole lot that’s caught my eye but there is some stuff to talk about so let’s get right to it.



First thing is first. Seth Rollins is out with an MCL injury and that mucks up all the upcoming plans. Word is he’ll address his status on the next RAW but I’m thinking he’ll have to vacate the Heavyweight Title until he recovers. I’m anticipating a tournament to determine the new contenders for it. I guess this is Drew McIntyre’s chance? We’ll see what they do. They could have a lot of fun with it being up for grabs and if I were WWE, I wouldn’t have the matter settled until WrestleMania. We’ll see if they make this interesting.



In other WWE Universe news, The Elimination Chamber PPV/PLE has been set for February 24th and for those of you who either get up early or stay up late, it’ll be airing at 2am PST/5am EST for the Australian crowd. Needless to say, I’ll be sleeping through that but I am all for these foreign excursions. If this is a global company, there should be global shows. On y va!



We’ll close on a bit of a side note because there is talk that Nick Aldis may find himself back in the ring in the near future. He looks like he stays in shape so I’m all for that. Word is circulating around an Aldis vs. Roman Reigns feud given current story but personally, I think the match is with Adam Pearce. I’m thinking Pearce may have to train a bit but a GM Street Fight or something would go down quite nicely. It should be for bragging rights of course. I suppose Survivor Series would be the most obvious place for it but it could fill out a lackluster card for one of the lesser shows. We shall see.



And so that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. Tonight’s draw is the return of Roman Reigns as he begrudgingly shows up to sign this contract to be in the Fatal-4-Way Aldis set up. We’ll see if that goes “to plan”. Kevin Owens will have his show and Logan Paul is gonna be on it. I expect that to deteriorate and will be a little disappointed if it doesn’t. We’ll get a better look at some of the newer Ladies as The KCs take on the Dark Princesses in Isla Dawn and Alba Fyre.  And Randy Orton will start his covering duties for Rollins as he continues feuding with the Bloodline. 



Remember that next week is Go-Home Week for the Royal Rumble and so we should be getting nice and geared up. I’ve noticed that there are some “returns to old times” in effect and we’ll see how this sentiment of getting back to basics plays out. I’m not seeing anything jaw dropping but it’s looking like a good night awaits. I’m down. Unofficial watch party starts at 8pm PST. Come and relax. The work week is over. Put your feet up.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)






Comments