RAW Puts Out an Ad for Conversation Partners Ahead of BackLash...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?


Hanging in there? Staying afloat? Whatever it is, I hope it’s working for you. So, as you know, there a few things we can talk about tonight. It’s not going to knock any socks off but it’s worth a mention. Are you up for it? Let’s break the top news down.

 

We’ll start in the Realm of AEW as they had their PPV Dynasty this past weekend. Given the polls circulating, looks like Will Osprey vs. Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan was Match of the Night. That just sounds like it would be if you ask me. Glad they didn’t disappoint.  In distant 2nd we’ve got Toni Storm vs. Thunder Rosa and Samoa Joe vs. Swerve Strickland in a tie and it all comes down to preference after that. The buzz with Osprey vs. Danielson is that Danielson was hard selling Osprey’s devastating finisher, giving everyone a scare that he was injured but it sounds like Danielson is just doing his job. Glad to see him thriving in a new environment. All power to him.

 

Back in the WWE Universe, as you may have heard there were a few releases. The most prominent of which are Jinder Mahal and Xia Li. I stated on Reddit that I really didn’t see Mahal coming. I thought they were trying to build up the brand in India and Mahal was integral to that push. As I feared, word is Veer Mahan and Sanga of Indus Sher went with him. So, I guess there goes that. Li I was less surprised about because her presentation was bordering on “action movie” and we all know that’s not exactly how this works. Don’t get me wrong. I love a good martial arts display but this isn’t exactly live action Tekken. I’m not sure if she should go to Hollywood or Hong Kong and try her luck there or rethink her presentation style. In any case, looks like she’ll have some time to think about it. I won’t be surprised if Mahal ends up in TNA. I would say AEW but I don’t know if he quite fits. TNA seems a more established brand for him. And who knows, he may pursue other interests. We shall see what he does. As always, good luck to them in the future endeavors.


On the WWE Universe periphery, it sounds like Goldberg is shopping around for his last match. I don’t know if he’s throwing people off the scent but he’s not holding back on how he feels about having it with AEW. Apparently, he can’t stomach the cheese factor. Just a little too “cheesy” for his blood. Would feel a bit humiliated if it came to pass in their realm. So, I guess a short-term WWE stint is all he’s really holding out for, but with who? GUNTHER maybe? Randy Orton? Sheamus? Well, at least he has options there. We’ll see what comes to pass. I don’t need to see his final match but I wouldn’t not watch it either. Pick one of the Big 4 and call it a day.

 

And so, that brings us to tonight’s RAW. There’s not much advertised for tonight but we can anticipate Gunther returning. The Women will crown a new Champion since Rhea Ripley had to relinquish it. And Andrade will pair up with Ricochet to take on Dominik Mysterio and JD McDonagh. Yet, there are reports that Dom’s injured so, I don’t know if that happens during the match or if he’s switched out for someone else. Guess we’ll have to watch and see. The unofficial watch party starts at 8pm PDT. You’re always welcome to play along. I’ll just let you know now that I may be a bit late to the party on Friday but that’s still up in the air. Just putting it out there now so there are no surprises. Not that there would be.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments