RAW Brings Things Down to a Simmer Ahead of WrestleMania....

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts!

 

A merry WrestleMania week to you. Are you excited? I’ll be honest, I’m a little more geared up for it than usual. The past couple years have been far more promising than the previous 10 so, that is saying something. Notice how my tone has changed. I’m not riffing on this stuff nearly as much as I used to. Never thought I’d see the day. It’s nice. It’s promising. Things do change. That said, there’s some news fluttering around the Wrestling World. Shall we get in to it? Allow me.

 

So, the WWE Universe is taking full advantage of the time of year. WrestleMania is the biggest show of the year and to lead up, we got the Roman Reigns biography on Peacock and CM Punk with Ariel Helwani to drop some truth bombs. Personally, I think Punk’s interview probably has more substance. I hazard to believe anything that the WWE produces in regard to its talent. As much as people feel kayfabe is dead, it’s only because people believe it is. I believe it is alive and well and that makes it all the easier for WWE to control its narrative.

 

Now, understand this is no conspiracy call it’s just a smart way to stay in control. I don’t care that it’s kayfabe. I’m just saying, the more we believe it isn’t, the easier it is for them to tell us anything. So, watch any of the biographies with a full shaker of salt. Take it in more as character canon than the God’s honest truth. That’s all I’m gonna say about that.

 

As for Punk, well, I doubt he’s holding back. That man, I believe. He proved his worth in terms of buzz and I’m sure he feels a pull to honor it to some degree. I don’t doubt he told Tony Khan and Jack Perry how he really feels. That’s why he’s back where he belongs. Structures like AEW are too easy for a guy like Punk to challenge. His own hype is comparably more of a draw than the promotion itself so, Punk basically has nothing to lose. Though he’s known to dip into asshole-etry, all he has to do is stay in “dick” territory while spilling and he should be fine. That’s easier to forgive in small doses.

 

Needless to say, I won’t partake of either but talk of them is filling up my social media feeds so I know it’s part of our current events. That’s fine. I’ll just keep to the weeklies and the big shows. That’s enough for me.

 

In any case, that more or less brings us to tonight’s RAW. It’s Go-Home Week and let’s not forget that today is April Fool’s Day. I say that because a lot of things dropped today, the card for Night 1 of WrestleMania, as well and given how these events are known to have surprises, I’m not sure if we should consider this schedule set in stone. There’s already been talk of switching people out here and there.

 

For now, anyway, we can definitely expect some Bloodline presence as both The Rock and Roman Reigns are scheduled to appear. Sami Zayn is going to take another whack at Bronson Reed. The new Ladies will get some screen time as Ivy Nile pairs with Maxxine Dupri to take on Indy Hartwell and Candace LaRae. Sounds like someone takes a Heel Turn there. And it looks like the New Day will join forces with DIY to have themselves an 8-Man-Tag with the Judgment Day. Who knows what fills the rest of the 3 hours.

 

Feel free to join me during the 8 o’clock hour, Pacific Time, for the unofficial watch party. Don’t know what to expect but hope to be pleasantly surprised. We’ll see what happens. Choose your platform and play along if your willing and able.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments