King/Queen of The Ring - Matches of Interest

What’s Going On, Enthusiasts?


So, it’s an interesting time. This time around in the KSA feels more like…Fastlane or something. Am I wrong? In any case, it’s not an entirely stacked card but there are some interesting matches. They have some implications but the intrigue comes in how they play out. Here are the 3 matches I’m looking at.


I can’t help but comment on Lyra Valkyria vs. Nia Jax. It seems quick. Perhaps she has a bigger NXT following than I’m aware of but I’m not quite there yet. That could be what’s up, though. Something “screwy” could happen. Regardless, it’s Valkyria’s big shot so I hope she makes the most of it. 


There’s some talk on the social media feeds given Vince Russo recently gave his 2¢ on the state of current “Super Stars” and he’s not all that impressed. One of the things he touched on is how those who have made it are now paying it forward to the up and coming wrestlers that they like. 


Now, in business, this is often how it goes. But, I can see how in the WWE this is new territory. Not to say there wasn’t favoritism but it was of a different sort. Now, we see who can pick ‘em. Well, Valkyria is Lynch’s girl so, let’s see if she lives up to the endorsement. Jax, funny enough, just has to go do her job. Good for her.


I was bouncing between talking about Lynch vs. Liv Morgan or GUNTHER vs. Randy Orton and to be honest, Gunther vs. Orton is more interesting to me. Mainly because I’m not sure if it is going to be a good match. We all know they do their jobs well but will they have any chemistry? Will this be a train wreck? I have no idea. Perhaps I’m underestimating them but Gunther isn’t the most…nimble out there. He gets the job done but I wouldn’t say it’s pretty. 


Orton makes it look good. This is not just a comment on looks. I think Chad Gable makes my argument. Not to say the man is unattractive, but he’s not your typical heartthrob is he. Regardless, his form and technique is hard to criticize. He’s textbook. Orton, as well, is a matter of taste but you can see how he kinda has it easier in certain arenas than most, right? Nevertheless, he slinks and slays in the ring. He’s called “The Viper” for a reason. 


GUNTHER lumbers and ties you in a knot. I’m not sure how these styles are going to flow but I wish them well. They are fine performers. But this comes off like a match that might be good on paper. We’ll see if they prove me wrong. It’s certainly happened  before.


So, that leaves the main event in Logan Paul vs. Cody Rhodes, a Champion vs. Champion match. Well, tonight may have been a mild precursor as we can anticipate Paul waiting for his moment to sway the outcome in his favor. Will Rhodes be ready? Or will they surprise and have a fair fight? Most don’t feel anything crazy will happen but no one wants a boring show. 


I’m not sure if any real hijinks will ensue with this match but I get the feeling they’ll have fun with it and give it a good shot. Rhodes doesn’t seem like the type to disappoint and though Paul is heeling it, he has to back his shit up somewhat so, I think we’ll enjoy ourselves. I’m getting Chinese Food so we better (^_-)


And so, that’s what I’m looking at. As usual, everyone else just has to prove why they have the job. I wish everyone well but I’m just being honest. I know the potential is there, but will it actualize? Isn’t that always the case? Show ‘em why you do it, is all I can say. The goal is to make me wish I talked about you. Live up to it, and you’ll get a mention Monday. I think that’s fair. 


Well, the unofficial watch party will not be live but you can expect it closer to the US standard time. It will be anywhere from 4pm - 5pm. I’ll post on the Twitters and whatnot. Can’t get with the “X”. Too vague, I’m sure I said before. Maybe call it “Exe” or something.  “XeX”? Twitter, you know what I’m talking about is all I’m saying, but what are you gonna do? Pick your platform when you got the time. Don’t have to tell me it’s a busy weekend.


See You When I See You,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments