SmackDown - Lyon Style...

Bonsoir, Mes Amis!


Comment allez-vous? Moi? Je vais très bien. Mais bientôt, meilleure! I’ve been learning. Took it in high school, figured I ought to finish the job 😉 In any case, we have a special French SmackDown tonight. It’s already recorded and ready to go, so let’s have a little chat and prepare for the replay.



First order of business, we’ll start in the Realm of AEW. According to Matt Hardy, his brother Jeff is ready for action. Having been on the Injured List due to a broken nose, he was recently cleared. It’s hard to say when to expect him. Given there’s a lot of miles on him, many feel it may be time to hang it up. Not sure what that would do to him, really. He seems like a type that may have to do it until he dies. I don’t want to see that happen, naturally but I get the feeling it’s sort of his joie de vivre, so to speak. It gets him out of bed in the morning, I would think. It’s an uncertain time for the Hardys for sure. Let’s hope some agreeable medium is found.



Back in the WWE Universe, we don’t have to worry about Seth Rollins jumping ship. Word is he signed a big money deal and is getting nice and comfortable. Good to hear, if you ask me. Can’t really see him anywhere else. I think that would happen only if there was a falling out of some sort. He works in WWE and should milk it for all that it’s worth. When it works, it works. That’s all you really look for in this world so, all power to him. Sounds like Becky Lynch won’t be too far behind. 



In other news, there’s been a lot of talk about The Rock recently in regards to bad behavior and whatnot and to be honest, I’m not sure how much to believe. If you want Entertainment Industry news, Deadline is the site to hit up and it hasn’t been saying anything about this which makes me think it’s more rumor than fact. However, reports are circulating that due to the public hits The Rock has taken recently, losing the contract with Warner/Discovery and a few flops he has decided to let his publicist go. Well, one should do something to stop the bleeding if there is a gaping wound. Not sure if that’s what turns things around but The Rock is at least attempting to control his narrative. In response to rumors of him showing up late to WrestleMania 40, he posted footage to Instagram refuting the allegations. Not sure who’s cooking all this up but I get the feeling it’s more talk than anything else. Don’t read too much into it.



And so, I guess that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. We can expect to see the reimagining of the “KO Show” into the “RKO Show” as Randy Orton enters the mix. The Ladies in Bayley, Bianca Belair, Jade Cargill and Naomi will join forces to face the baddies in Damage CTRL and Tiffany Stratton. Looks like Iyo Sky is gonna sit this one out. And at some point, Cody Rhodes and AJ Styles will have a little chat ahead of tomorrow’s Championship Match. 



I have some family business tonight and I’ll be watching the PPV tomorrow at 5pm PDT so, if you have other things to do and aren’t trying to get up early to see this live, you can join in late with me. I’ll have my replay watch party. You’re always welcome to join. I’ll be watching regardless. 



Allons y!

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments