RAW Is All About King/Queen of the Ring....

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



I’m going to start today with a movie review because I saw The Iron Claw over the weekend and man, it’s tragic. I knew the Von Erich Family story was but jeez, it’s a bit of a rough watch. However, there is a bittersweetness to it and I do commend Zac Efron’s performance as Kevin Von Erich. Jeremy Allen White is also solid as Kerry but he tends to swing for the fences when he gets the job so, I feel that goes without saying. It is a downer though, so chase it with a comedy if you don’t want to dampen the rest of your day or night.



I feel it’s a fair retelling of their story. Naturally, some things were changed for the sake of storytelling and I don’t have the full story, just what was on Dark Side of the Ring so, there’s got to be some omissions. Kevin Von Erich gave the film his blessing for the most part but has said the portrayal of his Father, Fritz, was not accurate. Kevin stated he was a “good and honorable man”. I don’t think the film presented him poorly. I was expecting much worse from what I heard but you find yourself questioning the parenting from both the Mom and Dad. They seemed to mean well but there was a definite wall up for both of them and I can’t say how on point that was. 



In any case, it’s a well-done film and worth a watch. I think it would appeal more to those who were around during the time. This was before my interest in wrestling and I was too young to really be cognizant so, it was like a wrestling history lesson to me but I enjoyed it and would recommend it with the minor caveat that it is sad. Pick your spot and company wisely should you choose to partake but it shouldn’t be a waste of your time.



In lighter news, over in the Realm of AEW word has dropped that Bryan Danielson’s/Daniel Bryan’s contract is up soon. Does that mean we can expect him back in WWE in the near future? I wouldn’t doubt they’re courting him but Danielson definitely wants to finish some business in AEW first. I think it’s nothing but politic to allow him to do so either way. Everyone loves Danielson and there’s no reason to make the transition difficult if it were to happen. I would happily watch him part-time it in WWE and champion the resident underdogs. Personally, I feel he should go out on top and WWE is the best place to do that but if Danielson is happy to close out with AEW, I wouldn’t protest. At this point, it just comes down to what he wants. We just want him to be happy.



In the WWE Universe, the King/Queen of the Ring Tournament continues. A few notable absences are in effect due to injury. We won’t be seeing Zelina Vega or Bobby Lashley in the mix this time around. On tonight’s RAW we can expect to see more of this Lyra Valkyria in action as she takes on Zoey Stark. Kofi Kingston is set to face GUNTHER. That should be interesting. Shayna Baszler will see what Iyo Sky has got. And Jey Uso will further workshop Ilja Dragunov. Doesn’t look like Dragunov needs too much work but him being on the smaller side means he has to work twice as hard so, it should serve its purpose. And at some point, Becky Lynch should get into it but not sure if this will be a formal match or some sort of kerfuffle. You’ll have to tune in if you want the rest of the night’s action. I’ll be holding the unofficial watch party as usual at 8pm PDT. Pick your platform and play along but only if you want.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)







 

Comments