RAW Fallout - MITB

What’s Going On, Enthusiasts?

 

How did you like Money in the Bank? I had fun. There are a lot of gripes floating through the IWC but what else is new.  I have to say that I’m very proud of the Ladies as those who cared to take the poll deemed the Women’s MITB Ladder Match as Match of the Night. It wasn’t perfect, by far but it was well-executed and the Ladies who could, did.

 

I don’t mind Tiffany Stratton winning. I see why she’s getting pushed and can see that she has a future in WWE. We shall see how she matures. Iyo Sky and Zoey Stark had some solid spots as did Chelsea Green. It’s about all she can do. Have to give props to Naomi for the splits across a couple ladders too. It was a fun match and I’m glad they just buckled down and did the job.

 

However, it wasn’t my favorite match of the evening. I’m glad they earned the general consensus but the Heavyweight Championship had me rolling. A lot of people are bitching about how it leaves Drew McIntyre looking stupid and how Damian Priest’s “botch” should have been handled differently but I liked the “true to form” twist with CM Punk crashing and denying McIntyre’s Cash-In. This is shaping up to be a great rivalry.

 

I also enjoyed McIntyre losing his shit during the post show and putting Wade Barrett half back to action. Adam Pearce, naturally, served both McIntyre and Punk up fines for roughing up officials and fucking with shit respectively. We’ll see if they come through anyway ‘cause, they don’t care about any stinking fines. I loved it. That’s why I show up. Punk was right, he’s just “doing his job” and that’s what I’d be paying him for. So much fun!

 

I suppose I should also touch on John Cena declaring his retirement tour. Looks like he hangs it up in 2025. It was a long time coming and I hope it’s a fitting finish. I guess we all have to put in the fantasy matches we haven’t gotten yet. I wouldn’t mind one more go round with The Rock if they can fit it in. I’ve been hearing Randy Orton is another contender. I’m open. Whatever leads to a good time.

 

As for MITB as a whole, I’d say it was a good show overall but a lot of people are complaining that for a 3-hour show, there was only about an hour and a half of wrestling. The rest was bits of filler and a lot of self-promotion. It didn’t bother me but I’ve made it clear I’m here to be entertained more than for fine wrestling. I was under the impression that you went to AEW for that. WWE aims to provide “clean” wrestling and fun spots. I just stay in my lane. I can appreciate skill but I’m no connoisseur.  

 

Not to say I wouldn’t like more in-ring action but I think WWE respects the casual attention span. I use my mother as a gauge of how the common person would tolerate the programming and she was pretty done with it after the first 2-hours, regardless of the content. I’d treat PPV’s like an epic, superhero movie. Wouldn’t try 2 push it much past 3 hours unless the content/action made sense and, in most cases, you can cut something. I wasn’t bothered and was entertained so no complaints. The only complaint was more lady matches. And I think they made their case.

 

So, you know what that means. There’s gonna be some Fallout but what it is exactly remains to be seen as what’s advertised leads one to believe that the main players were given an “bye” so that they could rest up from their travels and hard work. We can expect to see the KCs (Kayden Carter & Katana Chance) adopt Lyra Valkyria for a 6-Woman-Tag against Damage CTRL 2.0. Finn Bálor will take his Partner-In-Crime, JD McDonagh to face The Awesome Truth with Braun Strowman in 6-Man-Tag action. Chad Gable and Jey Uso will have a half-rematch as they throwdown one-on-one and Liv Morgan will pair with her “new beau” in Dominik Mysterio to have a nice dance with Rey Mysterio and Zelina Vega.

 

Looks like a few people return to the fray tonight too so, there seems to be a few things to look forward to. Unofficial Watch Party is at 8pm PDT. Pick a platform and play along.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments