SmackDown Stretches Its Legs on the Way to SummerSlam...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?



It’s still hot and confusing, among other things. This was a strange week. I think many of us in the United States are still processing it. I try to keep politics out of this blog but looks like it may creep in this year.  There’s stuff going on in the wrestling world too so, I’ll keep other comments brief.



I’ll just open with a little humor. I don’t know what to make of this assassination attempt on Donald Trump but I can say that I think it was completely unnecessary. He should be trivialized, not martyred. However, given the fishiness of this incident I’ll offer up my playful conspiracy theory. I’m gonna say this was a move by Russia to help secure the election by garnering sympathy for Trump. I don’t think anyone died. They’re in hiding, the shooter as well. I think it was an intentional miss by a skilled marksman. That’s my take. I’ll stick to it until someone proves different 😉



Anyway, in the Wrestling World, some of our performers’ physical status has been in the news of late. Dave Batista is sporting a slimmer figure thanks to Jiu-jitsu training. Paul Wight aka Big Show underwent hip and knee replacement surgery in recent weeks and says that he’s moving without pain for the first time in a long time. And Roman Reigns is making sure he’s fit to reclaim his status as Tribal Chief. There’s video circulating of him in full training mode. 



Well, our performers sacrifice themselves for our entertainment, it’s nice to see them either finding a new healthy normal, fixing what’s been broken and staying tip top. All power to them. 



In other news, Mama Owens, Kevin Owens’ Mother, appears to be on the mend. There’s a photo circulating of the dear woman in a hospital bed holding up a shirt with “Just Keep Fighting” on it. She looks like an elf elder from Lord of the Rings. You’d never think Owens came out of her. Well, be that as it may, I’m glad she’s recovering. May she regain her full health!



And so, that brings to tonight’s SmackDown. We’ve got a couple weeks until SummerSlam so they’re probably, say, "100 miles out" from their destination. We can expect Mia Yim getting a taste of Tiffany Stratton. Andrade will stay performance ready courtesy of Carmelo Hayes. I’m hearing this one is a good one. Logan Paul is gonna try to humble LA Knight and Cody Rhodes tries to formulate some new payback for that surly group that has become the Bloodline. We’ll see if Randy Orton backs him up this time too. 



The unofficial watch party will be at 8pm PDT per usual. If you’re willing and able, you know where to find me. Stay cool out there.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments