RAW Says Go Home for SummerSlam...
How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?
It’s another week and there’s some things to chat about
in the Wrestling World. AEW had their Redemption PPV and there are plenty of
thoughts. I have my own but they’re less confused because if I didn’t know better,
I’d say we’re simply witnessing how The Future will lead into the future. Have
no idea what I’m talking about? Good, you shouldn’t. We’re free to comment on
execution but for the most part, we should sit back and let it happen. Let me explain…sorta.
Generally speaking, this PPV wasn’t a well-regarded one
but I was happy with what I saw. Naturally, I’m concerned with The Future and
we got our amuse bouche in the Tag Team Match with Jon Moxley and Will Ospreay pairing
up to take on the Young Bucks. The Bucks fared better than I would like to give them
credit. Probably tired of people saying they suck. I wasn’t impressed but they
executed the technical stuff with a lot more grace than I would have ever given
them so, at least they’re working on it.
Mox treated them like punk-ass nephews as requested so,
I had no trouble there and Ospreay did most of the wrestling heavy lifting so
the Bucks could execute the more complicated moves with some confidence. The Bucks
got the win but Moxley had, shall we say, a bit of a “relapse” shall we say.
I never trusted the “Face Turn” ‘cause Mox is still his
crazy self. That never changed. All that it was ever going to take was the
right conditions. Guess he couldn’t accept a loss to those jokers. Don’t blame
him. Yet, he tried to “kill” them but Ospreay couldn’t comply. Mox would have
torn out his hair if he had any on his head but he settled for “apoplectic”
while Ospreay let the Bucks live.
This would have repercussions later on as Ospreay
explained himself backstage but Moxley also stopped by to make it clear that if
Ospreay can’t get the job done, Mox will be there to pull the trigger for him. Of
course, this was not the end of that.
Kevin Knight and Kenny Omega closed out the show as they
ought to have. Knight put up a good fight but I never thought he would win and
what happens next is why. When Omega secured victory, he was greeted by
Riders of Death and given the standard beatdown. Ospreay had to run in to the
rescue and Mox had words for him along with a plastic bag and a “kiss of death”.
Ospreay needed to “slay” Omega and Ospreay refused. Then he used all his pro-wrestling
prowess to clear the ring of Riders and he tossed his DR patch away with them.
A dazed and confused Omega regained his senses to see
that Ospreay chose a better path. However, he may not have yet learned the
lesson. After a little celebration, Omega reminded him that actions have
consequences and we’ll see how this all plays out up to All-In in London at the
end of next month.
As confused as many people may be, as I alluded, Mox going
back to his “old ways” was inevitable in my mind. It was just a matter of how
and when. I don’t mind “reverting to old tactics” since they were thwarted, I
don’t have to bitch about how that’s stupid in the first place. It looks like
the AEW roster or those who aren’t afraid of Mox may start standing up to him.
Not to mention, that this is excellent fodder for those who can’t stand him.
There he is, threating to “murder” people again. He’s a threat to himself and
others. Time to “get him out of here”.
This should be the lead up to “Strike 1” and we’ll see
how they’ll drop it and when. September may have “Ball 1” whizz by, so to speak
so, it could happen before or after but I’m thinking after. However, no one
liked this angle before so, how to keep Mox being Mox interesting will be the
assignment. It’s possible but you see how he is. He’s gonna try to “murder” people
and “end careers” over some shit in his head. Will the Riders start to question
his “sanity” and leadership? Will the roster get crafty and develop a defense
strategy? They should. Mox is “out of his mind” and if this goes how I suspect,
it’ll only get “worse”.
We also saw Papa Christian and Uncle Edge take a beating
from Claudio Castagnoli and PAC but managed to get the win. So, we know at least
2 people ready to put a squash on the nonsense. We’ll see who’ll join the
charge and call for “normalcy” and “order”.
It wasn’t a good showing for the Riders of Death so,
perhaps in the meantime, this is a “cue” to take a break, regroup? Mox likes to
stay active and shows up every week but you could attribute the poor showing to
“fatigue” and take some time to recuperate. Gotta be healthy for The Future.
But for now, all I’ll say at present is mind the “stupidity”.
This stopped short of ridiculous and so, no complaints. I’m fine with Mox going
back to straight heel but I would have appreciated him getting “set up” to do
so. Yet, not everyone has the chops to advance that sort of angle so I’ll respect
keeping things simple to that degree. We all know Mox doesn’t need much to go
nuts so, go ahead and do “what he’s always done”.
Just remember there’s still a lot of time on the clock
so pace yourselves accordingly. “Strike 2” can go down any time after Strike 1
but it should drop before next Spring, I would say. After that, it’s whatever
makes sense/feels right for Strike 3 and then we’re off to the races, shall we
say π Let them be confused for now but line this with a lot
of common sense action and story. No one should see The Future coming but if
this is done well, many shouldn’t be all that surprised when it does. It should
all click and “suddenly make sense”. Good luck, gentlemen! Have fun with this,
for the Future Looks Bright.
Over in the WWE Universe, things are relatively quiet as
we’re gearing up for SummerSlam. SmackDown did its job and got the
momentum back on track and so for, tonight’s RAW we have the Go-Home Show. We should see if they ramp up some excitement. Ticket sales have been a topic this
year as they’ve been kinda lame yet, considering the times and costs, no one is
surprised. They ran a promotion recently for $25 seats not too long ago and I’m
sure those who can will be eyeing discount tickets come closer to go time.
I was set to attend but upon second thought, I opted for
Money in the Bank. I’ve got family that’s always wanted to go to New Orleans,
so why not make it more of vacation. Hopefully, the weather will comply.
In any case, for this evening we can expect Rey Mysterio
to check on Ethan Page’s progress. Rusev will see if he can keep Je’Von Evans
on the ground. Danhausen and Joe Hendry will regale us with their musical
offerings. Raquel Rodriguez will try to rid Sol Ruca of the Intercontinental
Championship. The Alpha Academy in Otis and Akira Tozawa will try even the score
against the New Vision. Triple H will stop by to oversee the Weigh-In for Oba
Femi and Brock Lesnar. And Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins will face each other 1
last time before throwing down this weekend.
This was supposed to be the last early viewing but I’ve
got another week maybe 2 so, bear with me. The particulars just aren’t under my
control but the whole of the situation is finally starting to hold weight so,
not long now. Enjoy ‘em while they last.
See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)

Comments
Post a Comment