SmackDown Tidies Up So We Can Get On with SummerSlam...
How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?
Welcome to the weekend.
So, there’s not all that much going on in the Wrestling World that I feel the
need to talk about but I got a few things to chat about but I’ll try to keep to
the point. Want to get to my weekend like everyone else 😉 Let’s dive in, shall we?
Over in the Realm of AEW,
they are steadily preparing for the future as they are getting their top talent
in place. I heard the match between Darby Allin and Kevin Knight was good so, I
checked it out. I concur. It was a fine display. Allin is certainly coming
along and I respect and commend the improvement. You can’t say he isn’t working
on it.
I’m unfamiliar with Knight
but he made a good impression. He’s trying to make it clear that though he is a
member of the Don Callis Family, he doesn’t need them to rig the game. He can
win on his own. Noted.
I also see that the Callis
Family may be getting “too big for its britches” as there appears to be some in
fighting but I suppose it’s inevitable with a family so large. We’ll see where
that goes.
As for The Future, it’s
still early so I can’t see where exactly it’s going just yet but that’s the way
it should be. As I keep saying, we shouldn’t see it coming but we should expect
“something” and that I can see is ramping up.
Jon Moxley teamed with Will
Ospreay and Kenny Omega to take on a trio of Callis Family representatives and
it was a fun go-round. I wasn’t at all surprised that Mox let Ospreay and Omega
lead the charge as they are the better wrestlers.
Mox was not that
surprisingly gracious early on as they opened the show. We remember the last
time he stopped by while Omega and Ospreay shared a word there was the
entertaining unsettlement but this time around, he was right. No tension. He
can settle when he wants. However, when they closed the show, some animosity spilled
out since Omega “accidently” clocked Mox with a knee.
That didn’t stop the
all-star trio from winning the match but there were some words exchanged between
Mox and Omega. Apparently, they’ve never been “very friendly”. Ospreay tried to
keep it civil but he didn’t like something Omega said and they had some words
that Mox didn’t try to get in the middle of. Then the Young Bucks came out to
calm things down and that’s when it all went to shit.
The Callis Family got involved
after that but Omega handled that for the most part until Knight showed up to
bust him open with the Championship Belt they’ll be boxing for on Sunday. It
was a fun watch and I can see how more drama can get cooked up over time, so no
complaints.
Personally, I don’t care
for the Young Bucks so I hope Mox treats them like a couple of punk-ass nephews
for their match. I’m expecting feuds to start to build up from here so, we’ll see
how many pots of beef end up on the stove to stew. There should be plenty to go
around in time. Please, proceed. Have fun guys!
Over in the WWE Universe,
speculation continues around Our Arya Stark, Bayley. Many expect AEW to be
salivating a bit to snap her up so that may prompt TKO/WWE to be a little more
forthcoming when it comes to negotiations.
Yet, from what I’m seeing,
many posters/commenters are voicing a sentiment of it’s good if she wants to go
to AEW but it doesn’t do much for her. It wouldn’t really challenge her as a wrestler.
She’d basically become a big fish in a small pond, so to speak.
I have to agree. As I stated
recently, if she wants to go and collect their gold for the mantle, by all
means but I don’t think it’s necessary. However, if she is to stay with WWE,
they have to figure out what to do with her. I stand by my suggestion of making
her “Our Arya Stark”. Let her be plucky and a little tomboyish but ultimately a
Face that’s got the underdogs’ back.
If she ever turns Heel
again, it would have to be prompted by something “understandable” but that can
run the gamut. It could be a bonk on the head or legit beef. As long as it
makes sense, I won’t bitch about it. We’ll see what happens. I’d love her to
stay but whatever happens, most agree it has to be what’s best for Bayley so we’ll
see what she decides that is.
And so, that brings us tonight’s
SmackDown. There were a lot of complaints about this week’s RAW
so I think they’re in the old position of clean-up duty. Like I keep saying, as
long as it doesn’t slip into where it was about 10 or so years ago, I won’t fuss
too much but I will agree that there was a lot of filler. Thankfully, the fix
is easy. Have more matches, minimize the advertising and make sure the Ladies get
their due. A lot of people didn’t like they didn’t get a match. I didn’t hear
too much bitching about the action so, that is progress believe it or not.
In any case, we can expect
Kiana James to stay fight ready courtesy of Chelsea Green. Nia Jax will look
for a little payback against Charlotte Flair for messing with her match last
week. Nick Aldis and GUNTHER will have a chat ahead of their match at
SummerSlam. Curious to see how this one goes. Aldis has kept in shape but I’ve never
seen him wrestle. And at some point, CM Punk and Cody Rhodes will see if they
can play nice before they go for it next weekend.
I’m too lazy to cook
tonight since it’s hot as hell in my neck of the woods. Besides, there’s a bunch
of leftovers so, I’ll just get at that. So, I’ll be nice and settled in by showtime.
I won’t blame you if you get out the house, though. When it’s hot out, you can
only play at night so enjoy if you choose to. All the homebodies, you know
where to find me.
See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)

Comments
Post a Comment