RAW Is Feeling a Bit Bored...Why Not Shake Things Up!...

A Merry Monday to You, Enthusiasts!

How’s it going?  So, you know what begins tonight, right?  It’s the Superstar Shake-up!  Place your bets on who goes where.  Well, it’s not all that surprising but the consensus appears to be that many, my occasional podcast mates included, feel Roman Reigns should go to SmackDown yet, speculation continues for everyone else.  As for me, I don’t have any predictions.  But, don’t be surprised if Roman Reigns stays put.  Not that I’m against him going to SmackDown but I feel a move like that would happen closer to the SmackDown change-over to FOX later in the year.  FOX has made it clear that it doesn’t want to miss out on any of the stars so, I’m not sure how “fixed” this shake-up is going to be.  People may make “guest spots” regardless so, they may adhere to general WWE Logic in the meantime and then probably have someone on SmackDown start talking shit about him, thinking he’s safe only to get a “surprise” with Reigns being in the building.  Personally, I think he could start a stellar rivalry with Randy Orton.  I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before but I see that potentially marking a high point in both of their careers at some time so, I don’t want them to set that off until the time and tone is right.  For now, word is a feud is set to begin with Baron Corbin which could work out well for both if they play it right.

The one thing I thought was interesting on last week’s SmackDown, though was the introduction of Drew McIntyre.  Now, a lot could be said about him being stuck with The Bar.  At first glance it looks like that’s what they do to Europeans they don’t know how to promote but for me, it looks more like someone is just admitting the obvious.  If that’s going to be McIntyre’s shtick (I’m the biggest, baddest, psychopath there is and there’s no stopping me!...), while wearing his get-up, SmackDown may be where he’s best appreciated.  Not to say that the Other Audience* would go for that, but the “rough & tumble” routines do tend to play out better there.  RAW tends to be more family friendly and McIntyre’s deal is more about the carnage, never mind the Judas Priest-esque gear.  Either way, he may find his audience there, especially if Dean Ambrose is really gone.  But if he’s not…then the both of them could potentially beat themselves silly on SmackDown and get praise for it.  Just a conjecture.

As for Ladies, I’m sure everyone expects Becky Lynch to head over to RAW but I actually feel Charlotte doing that a bit more mainly because it fits what they already have established for her.  She’s the “hand-picked” favorite so why wouldn’t she get top billing?  I think Charlotte can playfully milk it for what it is and maybe spice things up outside of Ronda Rousey since Rousey is out for hand surgery anyway.  Not that the ladies haven’t been trying but Sasha and Bayley as a tag-team is not the most compelling television.  Personally, I think they fair better in Singles competition and RAW should probably find some other ladies to pad the new Tag Team Division.  I know tag-teaming is sort of a rite of passage for some, a type or purgatory for others but if more engaging content isn’t in the works for them, they might as well give Charlotte something to do. With that said, perhaps 1 or both of them could go to SmackDown and maybe they could bring over Mandy Rose and maybe Sonya DeVille if not Asuka.  There’s a lot of ways this could go which is the main reason I’m not really trying to think about it.  I’ll just be observing to see if it’s an improvement or not.  You should too, Enthusiasts.  As per usual, funny tweets will get retweeted and as for Like/Favorites, I suggest waiting for what I call the “organic moments”, for better or worse.  Those are the best times to make a statement.  All the fodder sits before you.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





*Other Audience references can be found in earlier blog posts for clarification.

Comments