RAW Hits Reset and We Begin Again...

A Good Monday to You, Enthusiasts!

So, how did WrestleMania work out for you?  You know what, I’m kinda happy John Cena made his heel turn.  If he does it right, it could be absolute hilarity and he could go out on a high note.  I’m proud of him.  He basically did what I thought he should do but on his terms and that’s what really matters.  He’s the one who has to go out there.  This should be a good time.

As for the rest of it, it wasn’t all bad.  Some of it just deserved an eye roll but most of it was palatable.  In my opinion, Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar got match of the night.  The fact that it coaxed us into it was what sold it for me.  We weren’t in the mood for Lesnar and Heyman pulling rank and taking advantage of Rollins, which made his recovery work.  This had to be executed wisely.  If Lesnar squashed, we would have booed and if Rollins was too easily victorious, we wouldn’t have bought the match.  This had a good dose of realism which made it a good match.  Word is that Lesnar may return to the UFC soon, hence the dethroning and so we’ll see how Rollins wears the crown. 

I also feel I have to give an honorable mention to The Miz.  Never thought I would say this, but he has come full circle in a way and has established himself as a fair performer in the WWE.  Will I ever praise his wrestling talents?  No.  But he has polished himself into the douchy, Hollywood figure that he is and it works.  Props to Shane McMahon, as well.  I thought the narcissistic backdrop for his entrance was nothing but funny.  He sees where I see this going more or less.  He’s already having fun with it and I gotta commend him for getting up there and doing the stunts.  We all know he ain’t all that young.  Appreciate the sacrifice for our entertainment.

As for tonight, we have fallout of course and it’s hard to say how that goes.   General rule of thumb is that what was at WrestleMania could be undone at the following RAW so, who knows.  I doubt Lesnar makes an appearance so the title should be more or less safe.  Becky Lynch now wears both crowns so, we’ll see if that is officially consolidated or if someone new challenges.  Finn Bálor hocus-pocused his way to the Intercontinental Title, we’ll see if Bobby Lashley still wants a piece or if they’re both handed off to someone else.  Since the bulk of the main RAW players got shoved into the bullshit Andre the Giant Memorial Match, anything goes with all of them.  I suppose the reshuffling begins.  Well, though there’s not as much on the line, the goal is always the same.  Try to make it all interesting.

Today’s going to be a little different because I’m penciled in for podcast duty but I’m not confirmed.  We’ll see what happens but don’t be surprised if my comments are spotty tonight.  I may chime in during the 2nd or 3rd hour.  Check out That Darn Wresting Show podcast anyway.  Guy who runs it is a good guy and gets this game.  See if you like what he has to say.  In any case, you know the drill.  Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites…we can loosen up a little.  Now, we look for diamonds in the rough.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments