SmackDown Is Just Trying to Make It to the Super ShowDown, Never Mind How "Big" It Is...

A Good Tuesday to You, Enthusiasts!

Having a good time?  Hope so and if not, maybe we can change that in a little while.  So, RAW was surprisingly solid in my humble opinion and it’s not just because Matthew McConaughey was in the audience.  It’s apparent that WWE Management is taking the AEW “threat” seriously and is attempting to up its game accordingly.  So, the rumors appear to be true.  In the face of competition, they attempt to rise to the challenge.   The WWE appears to follow the tenets of Human Nature.  It only helps the product so, no complaints from me.

The only real thing I felt I had to note was the 24/7 Title chase.  They tried to insert some humor into the focused bout between Ricochet and Cesaro but it seemed to break up the rhythm of a good match as opposed to stimulate the action.  They’re going to have to plot out these hijinks a little more wisely if they really want it to stick.  I know the WWE wants to throw in a “That’s life!...” sort of sentiment but we still know it’s scripted so, is Creative actually going “…and then insert awkwardness here…” or was that just poorly placed comic relief?  If I’m orchestrating a show, I’d opt for expert placement.  The WWE has fit-for-real competition at the moment and so, they shouldn’t come off like amateurs.  AEW should.  So, hopefully they’re on their way to finding that delicate combination between chaos and control and find that groove where we believe/buy it anyway.

As for tonight’s SmackDown action, since The UnderTaker did his bit on RAW, naturally Goldberg does his on SmackDown.  Now, we’ll see if the Dead Man makes a surprise appearance or if it’s left to Goldberg to sell us into Friday.  Bayley will sit down for “A Moment of Bliss” with Alexa of course and we’ll have some thoughts from Lars Sullivan.  Given how this guy’s got a bad rap, hopefully they get a chuckle out of us here otherwise, less talking and more annihilating.  I’ll buy that he’s a Heel.  Not supposed to like what he says, anyway.   In any case, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, keep the standards high.  We have an option now.  We’re not going to so much apply pressure as be just a smidge harder to please.



See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





PS: As for viewing the ShowDown, I'll probably jump in a few hours in to it.  I tend to get off early on Fridays so, I'll just sign on when I get home.  I'll do as I normally do when I'm not synced up with the airtime and use the prefix "RE: #WWESSD2 ─..."  Feel free to join in as your schedule allows.

Comments