SmackDown Figures You Probably Have the Time...


Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!

The Holidays treating you all right?  I really cant complain.  These are good times.  In any case, RAW believe or not, could have been a lot worse.  Yes, Lana got us to grit our teeth in a bad way but it really could have been way more phoned in.  They looked like they went and had some fun out there.  It was good to see Mojo Rawley.  I know hes an odd cat to place but I think he deserves a chance.  I think they need to double back towards humor, though. It could be a tough guys humor if its any consolation but I like this guy.  Hes like the blue collar side of it.  Always need those guys to actually do the work, know what I mean.

But who really gets marks for Monday night is Samoa Joe.  Loved how he played along and honestly, I think thats a good way to segue the older guys out of rotation, if theyre good on the mic that is.  I dont doubt hes got some more fight in him be we all get old.  Cant take the scrapes and bumps like you used to after a while. So far, commentary is working for Joe.  Its fine to see if people might fit in other capacities. I get it.  Not everyone makes for match excitement.  They entertain in other ways.  See if it works on TV.  Why not?  Kinda gotta keep this forward thinking if youre going to stay at the forefront.  Im not mad at it.  In an industry like that, whatever works is an underlying constant. Im glad their making good use of this time.  This is more or less what Id be doing if I had a say.  Might as well. 

So, this is the final Smackdown of the decade.  What do you think, Enthusiasts?  Has it improved since 2010?  I dont know so much if its an improvement but there definitely has been change.  I think the fresh energy is whats important right now.  Its hard to say how to make this better, nowadays.  When I look at AEW, its quite clear that what I think is good is vastly different from their fans interpretation.  And in a lot of cases, AEW is just the same, just doesn't have as much money behind it.  Thats just my opinion but thats just it.  Everyones opinion is valid these days.  We can all just find what we like and be merry with a simple search.  Why even bother with whats on TV?  

Industries like this have to cater to those who dont know what they like, don't know what they're looking for or to the curious.  Thats why I keep suggesting sticking to broader tones and presentation.  I dont care if it becomes a wrestling variety show as long as its fun to watch.  How do you decide whether to watch Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmel?  If you enjoy watching, you enjoy watching.  They just have to give us reason to enjoy watching.  So, why not more humor?  I dont mind storylines either but if no ones going to really buckle down and do the work, might as well keep to a good time just so we come back for more.  Thats really all you gotta do nowadays.  Give people something better to do.  This is more interesting to me than Real Housewives or Big Brother.  If the WWE finds a way to just remain interesting, it shouldnt have too much of a problem maintaining a fanbase.  It may have to factor for waning/changing trends at times but if it offers up a good time, well always be back for more.  

So far, I appear to be hooked.  What say you, Enthusiasts?  Is this your last ride?  Looking at what's circulating for tonight, Lacey Evans will make an appearance on "A Moment of Bliss".  We'll see if that actually happens.  In the meantime, funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes/Favorites, well like Ive said, its the Holidays so, a lot of this is probably experimental.  Speak up if youre moved one way or another.  Be honest.  Were workshopping it, here.


See You in a Bit,
-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments