RAW Wants to Prove It Brings Something to the Table...

It’s Another Monday, Enthusiasts.

 

And we have some “jarring” news upon us. Daniel Bryan, after his stellar match against Roman Reigns last Friday, is now listed as “Alumni” on the WWE website. Does this mean he is no longer with the company? Or is that just what they want us to think? This is one of those days when my point of how we can’t trust this wrestling industry rings true. Yet, I am not upset at not knowing what’s going on, I guess as long as it results in something I want to hear 😉 I suppose that is the caveat. I said last post how I don’t see Bryan leaving WWE…there’s really no place for him to go and given his tone in recent interviews seems like if he is “alumni”, he’s not wrestling anymore in general or at least is going to be really selective in picking his spots. Bryan isn’t getting any younger and he’s reaching the twilight years as a wrestler. Perhaps he is prepping for life after wrestling. On the other hand, 40 is the new 30, has been for some time now. If he keeps himself in shape and protects himself, he should have a solid 10 years left in him. All in all, I think we can all agree that what we want for Daniel Bryan is happiness. If he’s ready to walk away, we’ll always keep a light on for him.

 

Some other news is how Chris Jericho continues to pat himself on the back. Yes, his interview on Broken Skull Sessions was a while ago but he continues to talk mild shit about the “rivalry” with WWE. I think I’ve stated in the blog before that I don’t know if competing against NXT is something that they want to emphasize. NXT is the WWE minor leagues. AEW should be equivalent to the American League and WWE would be the National League as in baseball. So, Jericho bringing up how they are now “unopposed” means that they were being given a run for their money by a minor league production, AAA ball. That’s not something I’d be bringing attention to but that’s just me. I got nothing against AEW but they still have a ways to go. They’re more lucky that WWE lacks creative vision at the moment. That’s the only place they could have WWE beat. Not to say I’ve been particularly enthralled with any of their angles but they do appear to have a clearer train of thought. We all know WWE operates under a hit and miss clause.

 

Okay, so that brings us to tonight. There are some unspoken speculations. I won’t lie. I caught the news that Eva Marie is back. I’ll give my 2¢ about that on the Twitters but there’s another unspoken possibility out there. I don’t know if this is real or a fan putting it out into the universe but word is Finn Balor may get his second chance soon on RAW. Will that be another surprise that we get before or after BackLash? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ All I’m gonna say is if they do pull the trigger on him, no fucking around this time. Just like I’ve said, if they’re going to do this then they’re going to have to do this. No bullshitting. Not like the last time. It won’t be tolerated because we now know Balor is actually better than that. To tank on this, would only prove WWE’s incompetence. There’s incentive now on both sides to make this work. Let’s keep ‘em honest. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, well, SmackDown made itself hard to follow even for itself so, I’m not sure how RAW will compete but we can see that they’re trying. AJ Styles and Omos will return to defend the Tag Team titles against the New Day. As will Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax against Naomi and Lana. Charlotte Flair will clarify her status and Bobby Lashley will see who he musses up next, Drew McIntyre or Braun Strowman. Let’s just see what we get to work with…kinda have no choice.

 

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments