So, Got Some Time for Backlash?...

How’s It Going Enthusiasts?

 

Feeling good this Sunday? I have to say, not feeling too bad. So, let’s get right to it shall we. Let’s break down Backlash a bit.

 

As usual, I’m not going to get into every match, though I could, this should be a succinct PPV, I’m just going to look at the ones that have my interest. We’ll see who surprises. To start, I like the idea of the Lumberjack Match between Damian Priest and The Miz. Though they’re going for it again, they’re at least trying to mix it up, so good on them. The name of the game is entertainment in the end. Not a good idea to make things boring. I don’t know who came up with it but I’m just glad they’re thinking. If they’re really smart, they let this be a fun one. Let it get a little silly, playfully ridiculous but keep to the point. The goal should really be leaving cheeky smiles on our faces. Let’s see if they let loose.

 

Then the RAW Ladies in Asuka, Charlotte and Rhea Ripley for the Triple Threat come to mind next. This match has a lot of implied aspects to it because Ripley makes things interesting. She’s a big female. I didn’t realize how big she is. She dwarfs a lot of the ladies and keeping her matches realistic will really be key going forward. This could also be the beginning of a beautiful rivalry as it is the second time she’s facing Charlotte in a PPV. Charlotte is a fair counter and this stuff could use some real juicy competition. They need to show they're thinking of the long haul on this one. Asuka has to stay focused on remaining relevant. We’ll see how they manage it.

 

Then, we have Cesaro finally getting his shot at a major title. Now, I don’t expect him to win and if he does, it won’t be clean. SmackDown closed with some unexpected yet welcome drama as the Family Saga unfolds within the Bloodline. It’s textbook 80s primetime but that shit is gold if you look at it right. They don’t make ‘em like they used to anymore. Here, it will be more about everyone getting their due. Cesaro does deserve something yet, no one else should be diminished as well. Everyone should stay relevant. Not that I think Roman Reigns would take a hit right now. To show that his character is human should rarely hurt. So, it all really comes down to the long-term plan. Most of us can see that the seeds for a Reigns/Seth Rollins feud may be simmering on the back burner. Most of us wouldn’t mind that. We’ll see if tonight starts to take us in that direction without leaving Cesaro by the wayside.

 

All in all, we may be pleasantly surprised with this one. Though there’s still plenty to be desired, we can see that they are trying out there, maybe more so than in recent years. There’s a real push to get this stuff palatable and to be honest, I never thought I’d see the day. It’s kinda exciting. Maybe one day I may be able to come out of the wrestling closet. I have to admit, those I’m in frequent contact with certainly don’t get it. Sometimes, neither do I but I know what the genre does for me. That’s why I keep coming back. So, let’s encourage them to keep aiming for something better. Say what you will, but there’s no shame in taking pride in your interests. It’s still kinda hard to do that with WWE. But I appreciate that they are working on it. One day, my friends. One day. Funny tweets get retweeted and as for Likes, well, let’s try to be supportive but let’s not encourage delusion. Let them know what they need to know if you have to.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments