SmackDown Completes Extreme Rules' Fallout...

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

I hope everyone is doing well. So, there’s stuff going on but most of it doesn’t interest me much. But I did see a few of things that drew my attention. Let’s have a little chat about them, shall we?

 

So, Renée Paquette has joined her husband, Jon Moxley, in AEW officially. I don’t mind this. Yet, again, the same questions arise as did with Mox. Both of them are talented and well-respected in the industry. I can understand them both being done with WWE but at the same time, is AEW the best use of their talents? It’s the only viable counter to WWE to be honest. Yes, there are other promotions but this is the only one that may gain enough notoriety to actually rival WWE. The hope has to more or less be to become the founding fathers/mothers of the WWE alternative. Let’s hope that becomes the case.

 

Elsewhere, Ariel Helwani is dealing with some backlash as a recent interview he had with Tony Khan didn’t exactly go smoothly. I’m not sure what one would expect here. Word is that Khan is not the best PR Rep but that’s kinda to be expected. As I alluded in a recent post, why would he know what to do or more importantly, be entertaining? This is his first time running a wrestling promotion. He’s going to learn on the job, if at all. It’s hard to say when he’ll find a proverbial stride but this is the sort of thing I’m talking about when it comes to making the most of one’s talents. Is this the best horse to hitch to? He’s been at a few years so far and I haven’t really heard he’s improving his personal presentation. Can’t speak on business practices but if the fiascos weren’t scripted there’s room for criticism.

 

These are the little things that make me question full commitment to AEW. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t want them to fail. I think the spark of competition is something that WWE needs to keep on their toes but these facts have to be accepted. It may be a decade or so before Khan gets an idea of what to actually do. I think performers like Mox and Paquette could probably state their terms upon a return to WWE, especially with Triple H in the captain’s chair. Yet, the beauty of that is, this can also wait.

 

I will also admit that timing is key with these sorts of things and I can sense that neither party is really ready for reengagement at this time. But, given the right time, this could be quite the reacquisition. I have a few ideas of how that could happen but let’s wait until we have a more auspicious turn of events 😉

 

So, that brings us to tonight’s SmackDown. The big draw for tonight is the return of Bray Wyatt.  LA Knight reclaims his persona so that he can face a member of his creation in Man’Soor. Karrion Kross and Scarlett are stalking the halls somewhere. And Sami Zayn will keep himself sharp with the help of Kofi Kingston. You’ll have watch if you want to know anything else. Funny tweets get retweeted and if they’re really funny, they get Liked too. Let’s see who’s feeling it tonight.

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments