SmackDown Does Its Final Dress Rehearsal for SummerSlam

Happy Friday, Enthusiasts!



How is everyone? Just want to welcome all those who stopped by recently. Apparently, I do pretty well in Europe. It’s probably misleading. More than likely some hot OnlyFans girl who goes by “Nicole Alexis” is out there and these people stumbled upon my little blog by accident 🤷 Regardless, I appreciate everyone who has stopped by. As you can see, I don’t really do this for popularity but the fans I have are loyal. 



In any case, let’s see what’s going on in the Wrestling World, shall we? There’s enough to chat about. 



So, it appears that Mr. Vince McMahon’s recent procedure may have more to it. Apparently, according to some news outlets, investigations are still on-going regarding any misconduct and he is technically on an “indefinite medical leave” as he recovers. Something tells me that the timing of the procedure was done just to coincide with these investigations. That makes more sense to me.



It’s always hard to take any WWE news seriously because of Kayfabe. I just don’t believe any of it because of it. I take it as what was reported and leave it at that. With this coincidence, a heavy layer of discretion is thrown over whatever is going on and that’s just shrewd tactics being put into effect. I respect it. I don’t like people in my shit either.  Conversely, all those bemoaning his return can rest easy for a while. 



As for this weekend’s SummerSlam, there’s been a lot of talk on the trimming down of the card. Becky Lynch’s and Trish Stratus’ match has been scrapped and Rhea Ripley is noticeably not in action. 



None of this really bothers me but I can understand the talk. To me, the reason seems simple. Though Stratus and Lynch have been building the match, I wouldn’t say their match was particularly hyped up. If anything, I’d be more interested in seeing Zoey Stark take on someone, to be honest, but I know that’s not for a PPV/PLE at this current time. All I’m saying, I don’t really see any excitement for the match.



SummerSlam is one of the “Grand Slams” for the WWE so it’s kinda got to be a big deal. I don’t know what the big deal about Lynch’s and Stratus’ rematch is. 



Same kinda goes for Ripley. It’s clear she’s having a lot of fun with Dominik Mysterio and we can see they’re setting up an eventual showdown with Raquel Roderiguez but as of now, she’s not really set up to box with anyone. We’ll have to see if they give her something backstage or interferes in the Finn Bálor vs. Seth Rollins match. Maybe there'll be some hijinks during the Battle Royale.  Guess we’ll see but I’m not upset at their absence. The card is looking fun so I’m sure it’ll be fine. 



That basically brings us to tonight’s episode of SmackDown. It is the Go-Home Show so it should be jam-packed with action. They’ve got to make it nice and suspenseful for tomorrow. We can expect Asuka, Biance Belair and Charlotte Flair to face-off one more time before their Triple Threat. Jey Uso will loosen up for his big match by throwing hands with his other brother, Solo Sikoa and Sheamus will try to shut LA Knight up ahead of the upcoming Battle Royale. 



I’m all ready to go this evening. I get the feeling SummerSlam is going to be a great time this year. I’m looking forward to it and feeding my face. I usually get something special for PPVs and this one’s meal should be extra tasty. You know where to find me. I’ll be watching the West Coast replay. Join the unofficial watch party today and tomorrow. Most are welcome.



See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)




Comments