RAW Fallout - Survivor Series....

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts?

 

Still reeling from Saturday night? Well, I won’t say that I was that surprised at CM Punk’s return but I do commend the fake out. I was saying that if they do it, they would want to keep it a secret so all that “Naw, don’t want him…” talk was all on purpose. We were disinformed so that the magic could happen. Don’t have a problem with it. You have to admit it wouldn’t have been half as fun if it was known from the start.

 

Regardless, general consensus is that the Ladies’ War Games was Match of the Night but I have to say it was great seeing Randy Orton stroll in when he was good and ready. Classic Orton, if you ask me. And to close out the night we have Drew McIntyre marching out in a huff before the surprise drops and Seth Rollins remembering he never liked Mr. Brooks to begin with. It’s all for the drama in my opinion and all as it should be as well if you get how the game is played. The future looks very promising.

 

Well, tonight we get to take in both returns but naturally, CM Punk is slated to be given the mic so he can talk to us. Explain the motivation and all that. Personally, I can understand why he left in the first place. WWE was slanging nothing but real crap and they weren’t going to really hear him out, especially with his penchant for pissy-ness so I don’t blame him for taking his toys and leaving.

 

Things are different now. Management, especially is more willing to present something entertaining and adheres to continuity so now we can establish storylines and follow them. There’s space for a CM Punk to grow, if he’s willing to play along. Many feel that WWE may be making a mistake as it’s unlikely that core changes have really taken place with Punk given his departure from AEW but, I’m going to beg to differ.

 

Like I keep saying, as long as the drama stays on camera, the Punk reacquisition is nothing but money if everyone keeps the bigger picture in focus. Say what you will about the man, he has our interest so all he has to do is not fuck it up. He came out looking fit and in shape. Ready to box if ever and let’s face it. He only has about 5 years left in the tank tops. We gotta make this time count. If the man’s smart, which I think he is, he’s tabling the bullshit, unless scripted not to, and making sure he retires with a rightful and respectful “BANG!”. Personally, I can’t wait and I look forward to all the fun that can be had on the horizon.

 

And so, that brings us to tonight’s RAW. It’s Fallout and we should hear from Punk at the end of the night. Randy Orton is supposed to get some airtime too. Cody Rhodes goes without saying and to remind us this is a wrestling show, the new Ladies will get the action going with some Tag Team fisticuffs with Natalya playing Camp Counselor by making sure everyone gets it done and stays in one piece.

 

It’s a new era everybody. Doesn’t it just feel different? I love it. It’s finally getting to the place it always could have been. Now, I can start to embrace watching this shit. Perhaps soon, I won’t have to remain “in the closet” about my fascination. Others will start to see the appeal and I won’t have to explain it. It’s a day I never thought would come and I’m glad I may get to see it in my lifetime.

 

Unofficial watch party starts at 8pm PST. Yes, it will be after the fact but appreciate the fresh eyes the West Coast gets on it. Let’s not lose perspective. Let’s give the future a real chance to manifest.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)

 

 



Comments