Crown Jewel V - Matches of Interest

How’s It Going Enthusiasts?

 

It’s Crown Jewel V and it appears that everyone got there just fine. Let’s wish them safe travels back as well. So, I try to keep it simple nowadays. This event has gained more traction but it is still an exhibition, more or less. That said, here are my matches of interest.

 

I’ll start with the Ladies’ Fatal-5-Way. This is an interesting match because all these ladies have something to prove one way or another. Given the nature of things, Rhea Ripley retaining is the easy out. Yet, if I were to surprise, I would give it to Shayna Baszler. She’s gotten a raw deal in recent years and doesn’t really deserve it. She should be a valid contender even though she’s not the ideal “representative of the company”.

 

I like Zoey Stark but I feel she’s just too new. Raquel Rodriguez simply isn’t there yet and I’m not sure when that happens. There’s something not quite clicking. She has to embrace her persona, whoever that is, and that conundrum is holding her back right now.

 

And then there’s Nia Jax. As long as people are avidly booing her, I wouldn’t give it to her and here’s why. She has to turn that around. She has to make us love to hate her if this is how it’s gonna go. She’s getting there but I don’t think she’s there yet so, I see her playing sore loser in the end but I think as long as she’s aiming for the right approach to make her holding a Title work, it’s possible again in the future.

 

Next match I’m looking at is Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre. I don’t mind if Rollins retains because that may give McIntyre more incentive to pursue the Heavyweight Title, if only on principle. McIntyre is the bigger man but he’s not the most popular. I think if Rollins retains, this should set McIntyre off to full Heel and he just takes it the next time he has a chance and it’s on Rollins’ waist. The point will be, if he really wants to, he’ll take it off of him.

 

I feel a bold move like that is more in line with what McIntyre is getting at. The business of it can cheapen things and McIntyre has clearly done a lot to be where he is and to prove that he’s a real contender. But to do it all to be some cookie-cutter champion may leave a bad taste in the mouth. He can make a statement with not liking the outcome. You may not prefer it, but show him how Rollins really beats him. It could work.

 

So, that leaves the Main Event in Roman Reigns vs. LA Knight. Let me just start with my general argument as I appreciate the work that Knight has done. He has been slanging and trying to live a dream. I commend that. However, the WWE Universe is 15th Grade. Why should his old ass be Homecoming King?

 

This, I feel, should be Reigns’ motivation. He’s the Guy. Look at him. Why would Knight be the Guy? His name doesn’t even make sense. He really should drop the “K”. What is chivalrous or honorable about all this? He’s glitzy, he’s shiny, he talks a good game. That’s “LA Night”. That aside, though Reigns is not the greatest wrestler, it doesn’t mean he’s not a formidable opponent.

Reigns should lean on this and show us why he holds the Undisputed Title in the first place. Could you beat him? That’s the question Knight has to answer and at present, all we know is that he can if the battle is on the mic. Not sure about fisticuffs.

 

Regardless, they should make sure this is a fun match. We’re here to be entertained so they have to draw it out. I think this will be a bit of a test for Reigns because it’s his chance to help put Knight over. I see him retaining with Bloodline help but doing so in a fun manner will be his task. Outside of that, he has to play the punk and help Knight out.

 

I think another bullshit Reigns win could provide a space for Knight to prove himself. Let’s admit he doesn’t have a lot of time to make his point. He’s old and only getting older. If he’s going to have his glory, it’s gotta be now. I think the only way he gets it is if he takes off Damian Priest at this point and that I only see happening with Rollins.

 

I say this because I do feel the endgame is a Reigns vs. The Rock and you can see how Knight doesn’t factor in to that. I think with a good performance, Knight can get a shot at the US Title, especially if Logan Paul takes it off Rey Mysterio.

 

I’ll just say on that, if Paul takes it, Dominik Mysterio should help. That way Knight can stroll in and take it off Paul at any point. He’ll have to hold for a year or 2 before we can really assess “Face of the Company” status.

 

So, that’s what I’m going to be looking at. Everyone else will have to prove what they bring to the table. I don’t doubt it can be done but they’ll have to verify. I won’t see for myself until well after the fact. So, if you want to catch it later too, you can watch with me around the 3pm or 4pm hour Pacific time depending on when the replay is up. I’ll start with the Sami Zayn vs. JD McDonagh match and go from there. I’ll leave it at that.

 

 

See You in a Bit,

-Nicole Alexis (^_~)





Comments