Survivor Series - Matches of Interest

How’s It Going, Enthusiasts! 

 

It’s Survivor Series and, to be honest, the card is looking pretty light. So, either the War Games matches are planned to be epic or there are some surprises scheduled. I won’t speculate. Many will be anticipating a CM Punk drop and if not that, the fallout from him not showing. I won’t be heartbroken if he doesn’t show but I get the feeling he will sooner than later. 

 

In any case, since there’s not much on this card, I only have 2 matches of interest. The first of which is GUNTHER v. The Miz. This is interesting because Technically, the Miz is due a Championship run. He’s had a few in the past but he should be more than just a jobber. Yet, how realistic is it that he actually wins? And then, where to go from there? Is this just a pathway to get a title on LA Knight? Is GUNTHER going to make a play for the HeavyWeight or Undisputed Title? 

 

Here’s where it gets interesting. Though I respect Gunther as a performer, he is boring. I don’t know how entertaining him holding a top title would be. I think, if that were to happen, he’d have to up the brutality to an extent. Get into better shape and sort of “Brock Lesnar” it. If that were to happen, he may have a chance to simply be the Imposing Obstacle of a champ. You want the title on someone else? Take it from him. Yeah, that’s the problem. I think that could work for a little while. Anything else would have to be someone else’s brainchild.  

 

So, for these reasons, I feel that Gunther retains but I don’t doubt The Miz “technically wins” at some point just to give him some props for slanging all these years. If he does win, it won’t be clean. Maryse may run in or something and the win is ill-begotten and ultimately short-lived. Gunther would probably regain the title in the following rematch. 

 

That leaves the Men’s War Games Match my last match of interest. The big question for me is how Randy Orton plays. Much has been made of his back injury and so I know I won’t be the only one checking how he moves. He’s got the best Powerslam in the business so I would be sad to see that falter in any way. Hopefully, he doesn’t miss much of a step. 

 

As for winners or losers, I don’t really have a preference. The Judgment Day is a fun target and a win for them could be the catalyst to “redoubled efforts” on the Faces’ part. Yet, a Face win could leave everyone happy and the Judgment Day having to regroup. It leaves a space to introduce new stories and people if that’s the plan.  

 

So, this PPV/PLE is a little transparent. It's hard to say if a CM Punk re-debut has something to do with it and given what’s circulating, I won’t flesh out any conspiracy theories. I’ll just go along with what’s been reported and believe that a Punk return is far-fetched. That leaves what they do intend to do and there, I just don’t know. Guess we’ll see. Whatever it is should guide us into WrestleMania so, let’s see what they come up with.  

 

In any case, that’s what I’ll be looking at this time around. I get the feeling it will be a fun time. I’ll be watching with a plate full of leftovers. I’ll watch the Kick-Off Show but the unofficial watch party starts at 5pm PST. You’re always welcome to play along on the Twitters. It’s where I have all my fun. 

 

See You in a Bit, 

-Nicole Alexis (^_~) 





Comments